Different Emmert
Ok! So I realize that this is not for woodworking, but I though some may be interested in this old vice. 

My nephew works at a foundry and loves to tinker with knives, axes, spoon carving and other such stuff. He has a few Emmert pattern maker's vices, and picked this one up last year. I was visiting family back in Waynesboro PA, which is where Emmerts were made, and took some pics. I believe there is still an old sign on the old factory in town. 

This is sort of the pattern makers vice for metal work. Of course, not for making patterns, but it provides great versitility that other vices don't 

Just thought some may get a kick out of this.  Those red bars are not part of the vice. I did not want to mess with his stuff, and only snapped a few pics.
Interesting. Got a story on that one?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Here is one for sale not far from me
Emmert 4a 101 4” Tool Makers Universal Vise - tools - by owner - sale (craigslist.org)
(05-30-2023, 08:56 PM)Scoony Wrote: Ok! So I realize that this is not for woodworking, but I though some may be interested in this old vice. 

My nephew works at a foundry and loves to tinker with knives, axes, spoon carving and other such stuff. He has a few Emmert pattern maker's vices, and picked this one up last year. I was visiting family back in Waynesboro PA, which is where Emmerts were made, and took some pics. I believe there is still an old sign on the old factory in town. 

This is sort of the pattern makers vice for metal work. Of course, not for making patterns, but it provides great versitility that other vices don't 

Just thought some may get a kick out of this.  Those red bars are not part of the vice. I did not want to mess with his stuff, and only snapped a few pics.
That's the Emmert "Iron Hand" metal working vise.....I had one for a few years, but sold it some time ago at an MWTCA meet...They are pretty rare and bring a pretty good price...and they can pinch the hail outta your finger if you're not careful....
Upset

Here's the best source of info on it.....

http://www.mprime.com/Emmert/other_emmerts.htm

http://www.mprime.com/Emmert/index.htm
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(05-31-2023, 08:36 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ........
That's the Emmert "Iron Hand" metal working vise.....I had one for a few years, but sold it some time ago at an MWTCA meet...They are pretty rare and bring a pretty good price...and they can pinch the hail outta your finger if you're not careful....
Upset

Here's the best source of info on it.....

http://www.mprime.com/Emmert/other_emmerts.htm

http://www.mprime.com/Emmert/index.htm

Jack:  How did I know that you'd know all about it??  
Laugh

I hope you are doing well.  I've still not gotten down to Tampa to visit my niece, but when I do I'll buy you lunch!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(05-31-2023, 02:50 PM)Admiral Wrote: Jack:  How did I know that you'd know all about it??  
Laugh

I hope you are doing well.  I've still not gotten down to Tampa to visit my niece, but when I do I'll buy you lunch!
Hi Admiral....It was a mystery vise for me too when I first saw it..IIRC I paid a fellow member $35.00 bucks for it and didn't realize it was an Emmert...I just knew it was unusual..
Big Grin

I'm still driving and able to get along pretty well, thanks..Hope you are too!!
Shoot me a PM when you come down and a Cuban Sandwich will be on me!!!!!!
Winkgrin

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jack,

Thanks for the links. I will pass them in to my nephew. He has been collecting Emmert pattern makers vices in various conditions and has one complete that he is currently refurbishing.
(06-01-2023, 09:29 AM)Scoony Wrote: Jack,

Thanks for the links. I will pass them in to my nephew.  He has been collecting Emmert pattern makers vices in various conditions and has one complete that he is currently refurbishing.
You're very welcome, Scoony...Vises of that type are an excellent investment..I still have {and use} my Emmert K1...I also put a tag on it so my kids will have an idea of it's value...good vises are always in demand..
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

Get off my lawn !
Upset