Brand new Clearvue cyclone won't start, wiring question
I should added to my post above, please keep us posted on the resolution.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(06-01-2023, 02:25 PM)davco Wrote: Some progress

An electrician stopped by and determined that I did not have the double pole breaker in the correct AB slot.

So now it starts, but the breaker flips after 5 seconds consistently.

I reached in and turned the impeller by hand, half of the rotation it glides, the other 180 it feels like it's binding.  Is that normal?

Glad you figured out the wiring and breaker stuff. The impeller should rotate freely when powered off so the binding you are feeling is why the breaker is now tripping. There really isn't much left to do than try and determine what is binding. Motor or impeller must have something going on. 
Wink
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
I cannot find where you tried talking to Clearvue tech support.

Do they not support their products?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I am talking to them too, just reality checking with fellow CV users

Update from today, CV is sending me a new motor
New motor fixed the cyclone!
Glad you got it fixed. I wouldn't bother ever calling that Baldor motor shop again. What a BS answer!

Frank
Same here, glad it's running.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Great news. Always good to hear about good customer service.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
All's well that ends well:

https://youtu.be/yCaC_GAUyXk

Had to build a custom low profile bin, because I have 7 foot high ceilings. My home built fill sensor just worked too.
(06-15-2023, 12:59 PM)davco Wrote: All's well that ends well:

https://youtu.be/yCaC_GAUyXk

Had to build a custom low profile bin, because I have 7 foot high ceilings. My home built fill sensor just worked too.

Thanks for the video. If I were to get a cyclone, I'd get the clear plastic one. I think watching it do its thing is neat, but then I'm easily entertained
Crazy. And yeah, put that motor shop on your "Do Not Use" list.