Home Depot prefinished maple ply
Need a couple sheets of prefinished maple ply and my the place I used to get it from has closed. HD offers via special order Columbia Forest 'Purebond' maple ply in half sheets 24x96, and I can live with that. They get good reviews on line. 

Anyone else have experience with this product?
(06-01-2023, 08:09 AM)joe1086 Wrote: Need a couple sheets of prefinished maple ply and my the place I used to get it from has closed. HD offers via special order Columbia Forest 'Purebond' maple ply in half sheets 24x96, and I can live with that. They get good reviews on line. 

Anyone else have experience with this product?

Yes. I bought quite a bit of Columbia prefinished maple plywood from my lumber supplier, and they have 1S and 2S options. These were full sheets. When I needed more, I added 2x4 sheets from Home Depot. I have used it before, for what it's worth, always in the 2x4 size. They appear to be exactly the same as what I get at the lumber supplier, which would make sense based on the name. But you can be confident that it is quality stuff.

I will say that I think shipping is much cheaper if you get the 2x4 size, though that might just be where I am. You get a well-packed box with some cardboard sheets in between and a pretty well protected corner setup. I've been able to use the entire sheet most of the time. If you can get the 2x8 size with reasonable shipping, that should probably be OK. I would be worried that it might be unwieldy and if it's UPS or FedEx they might bang it around and ding the corners a bit. But it's quality material, same as the lumber yard.
The HD product, no. Around me, Menards carries a made in China UV plywood product that I have used quite a bit for inside kitchen cabinet type stuff. It used to be ~$50/ sheet vs ~$80-$100 sheet for 'real lumber yard' UV finished plywood. The 'good' plywood appeared to be marginally better ply quality but the real difference was in the appearance of the veneer. The cheap stuff is pretty ugly so I wouldn't use it unless it was inside a box type of application. The UV coating on both was/ is excellent and is holding up well over time. I don't know if any of this helps you, but there is some cheaper stuff out there that is ~50% less than the good stuff.
Thanks for the responses. I'm building an entertainment center in an alcove for my daughter and the ply is for the inside of the lower boxes. 

FS7 I think I have the option to pick it up from the HD store, and if true I'll get the 8 foot lengths.
The CFP Purebond is what my normal hardwood dealer stocks as well, and iIve used a fair amount of it. I love it, very high quality.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I've used columbia forest products plywood from home depot and was happy with it, I would buy it again. There are different options for species, size, thicknesses, and 1 or 2 good sides. I got them precut to the size I needed, I assume they were laser cut.
Since you're not too far away in Maryland ... I've used this place before and they have a full selection of cabinet plywoods.  They have locations in Lewistown and Reading.

Industrial Plywood