Cabinet mod
I need to move a cabinet wall to make room for a dishwasher. It's nailed together and I'll have to cut through the nails and the plywood at the joints. I'll also need to remove the bottom of the cabinet from toe kick back. Also need to remove that part of the face frame.

Would a multi tool be the best option? Blade recommendations?

Barring that I may be able to saw across the plywood panel and rip/pry it out then deal with the nails. That's my hillbilly take.
Pics would help.
You might need a sawzall.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
It sounds like that would be a useful tool. You might also need a small saws all. You will need wood cutting and metal cutting blades.
Beyond that, I think you are going to be left with some cabinet structural issues. But, that wasn't your question.
Thanks to you all for the input. I do have a standard sawsall and a mini. I haven't used them in so long I'd forgotten, maybe memory too as I'm 80 years old. 

I don't think there will be a problem with the stability of the cabinets. There are two sections that span 36" and I'm only planning on moving the dividing panel an inch or so to one side and putting it (actually a floor to counter piece) back in. So the greatest span will be 18"

All I need to do now is the work .... folding my body into an18x23 inch space will be challenging.
(06-02-2023, 11:15 PM)BillN Wrote: Thanks to you all for the input. I do have a standard sawsall and a mini. I haven't used them in so long I'd forgotten, maybe memory too as I'm 80 years old. 

I don't think there will be a problem with the stability of the cabinets. There are two sections that span 36" and I'm only planning on moving the dividing panel an inch or so to one side and putting it (actually a floor to counter piece) back in. So the greatest span will be 18"

All I need to do now is the work .... folding my body into an18x23 inch space will be challenging.

To be clear, I hate doing dishes.  But I hate loading/unloading a dishwasher almost as much.  We have one now, but only at Jean's insistence.  Looking forward a few years, I almost think if a person is able to stand, washing dishes by hand may be easier than bending/reaching into and out of a dishwasher.
(06-03-2023, 06:00 AM)KC Wrote: To be clear, I hate doing dishes.  But I hate loading/unloading a dishwasher almost as much.  We have one now, but only at Jean's insistence.  Looking forward a few years, I almost think if a person is able to stand, washing dishes by hand may be easier than bending/reaching into and out of a dishwasher.

I wouldn't even consider installing a dishwasher if it weren't for my wife. Maybe I should get her to sign a contract agreeing to unload the thing.
Laugh
(06-03-2023, 12:48 PM)BillN Wrote: I wouldn't even consider installing a dishwasher if it weren't for my wife. Maybe I should get her to sign a contract agreeing to unload the thing.
Laugh

I hide the wife's Christmas presents in the dishwasher
Wink
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Bug 
(06-04-2023, 05:45 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I hide the wife's Christmas presents in the dishwasher
Wink

[Image: yellowlaugh.gif][Image: yellowlaugh.gif][Image: yellowlaugh.gif]
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020