I am going to need alot of help and advise
My grizzly 690 table saw's motor is going out.  I taken the blade off and slid the top off to see why it would not go.  I turned it on and the motor hummed and then started.  Turned it on and it did the same thing but it has no cutting power and the blade does not go thru the wood.

So I will have to finish off my Granddaughters jewelry box by hand tools and I am just not good enough doing that nor the best way how to cut everything including the groves to hold the dividers in place from the drawers to the hanging door.

I will take some pictures of what I have tomorrow and post them.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-03-2023, 02:58 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: My grizzly 690 table saw's motor is going out.  I taken the blade off and slid the top off to see why it would not go.  I turned it on and the motor hummed and then started.  Turned it on and it did the same thing but it has no cutting power and the blade does not go thru the wood.

So I will have to finish off my Granddaughters jewelry box by hand tools and I am just not good enough doing that nor the best way how to cut everything including the groves to hold the dividers in place from the drawers to the hanging door.

I will take some pictures of what I have tomorrow and post them.
Sounds like the problem could be a bad starting capacitor, Arlin.......
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Agree on starting capacitor.  Suggest a call to Grizzly for a consultation.
"Don't force it - get a bigger hammer!"
(06-03-2023, 07:00 PM)dlorenz Wrote: Agree on starting capacitor.  Suggest a call to Grizzly for a consultation.

It is past warranty and I will check on the part number to see the cost.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(06-04-2023, 03:28 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: It is past warranty and I will check on the part number to see the cost.

You can test it with a Volt-Ohmmeter. It should charge and hold voltage for a long time if it's good..The voltage will drop quickly if shorted.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Less than $30 for both, and for the money, I'd swap both rather than buying the wrong one first. Or I'd borrow a tester for micro farads. There's lots of videos on how to test them.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
A long shot on this one, but did you check the tension on the drive belt? There might be enough tension to rotate the blade, but not enough under a cutting load.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(06-05-2023, 07:00 AM)AHill Wrote: A long shot on this one, but did you check the tension on the drive belt?  There might be enough tension to rotate the blade, but not enough under a cutting load.

That I did do bending over and checked the 3 belts and they look good as well