Trim/Moulding Question
Folks, 

I have a trim question.  In the attached pictures, you will se a glass pane installed in the wall between 2x boards with wall board on the outside of the 2x boards.  If you were me, how would you add trim/moulding?  Obviously, job 1 is to hide the wall board edge, but I have no idea how to make it look like it was installed by someone who knew what he was doing.

Thanks,
Mark

Attached Files Image(s)

Mark in Sugar Land, TX
I would build out the 2X material, to make it flush with the drywall.  Then I would install new jambs to cover the 2x material and trim with the casing of your choice.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(06-05-2023, 07:26 AM)Bill Wilson Wrote: I would build out the 2X material, to make it flush with the drywall.  Then I would install new jambs to cover the 2x material and trim with the casing of your choice.

Yea, that. Or easier; just make, assemble, and finish new extension jambs with casing applied in the shop and replace the existing. Don't forget to finish the edge that goes against the glass. You can see it from the other side.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"