"Un-believable" handplane tip
I'd be just outside that room, sitting in a Lawn Chair...or, maybe that Gazebo Bench I made....sipping a cold Guinness Stout....and LMAO!   BTW...I also be holding the key to that lock....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(07-24-2023, 06:04 PM)bandit571 Wrote: I'd be just outside that room, sitting in a Lawn Chair...or, maybe that Gazebo Bench I made....sipping a cold Guinness Stout....and LMAO!   BTW...I also be holding the key to that lock....
Hmmm.. I just thought of a new way to use my mandolin...it's more than just a vegetable slicer....now it's a pen maker too..
Crazy
Laugh
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

and with its skew blade, the slicer can probably work like a skew block plane too!

Perhaps Bandit will show us how he turns a rusty mandolin block plane into a shiny armor after his next treasure hunt?

Simon
(07-25-2023, 09:26 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ........
Hmmm.. I just thought of a new way to use my mandolin...it's more than just a vegetable slicer....now it's a pen maker too..
Crazy
Laugh

One of the worst cuts I ever got was using a mandolin to slice veggies.  I switch to a holder when things get too thin or just slice using a regular kitchen knife.  No stitches and didn't lose any digits or parts of digits, but it sure reminds you to be careful.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(07-26-2023, 01:45 PM)AHill Wrote: One of the worst cuts I ever got was using a mandolin to slice veggies.  I switch to a holder when things get too thin or just slice using a regular kitchen knife.  No stitches and didn't lose any digits or parts of digits, but it sure reminds you to be careful.

My wife did the same this past Christmas Day, just an hour before guests began arriving. Daughter took her to the ER, while I took over last minute prepping. She did get a few stitches and when it was taking to long for paperwork for her to leave, she simply left!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(07-26-2023, 09:11 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: and with its skew blade, the slicer can probably work like a skew block plane too!

Perhaps Bandit will show us how he turns a rusty mandolin block plane into a shiny armor after his next treasure hunt?

Simon

Very well...Rusty & Krusty Sargent No.410c....

Price tag said $10....

Needs a wee bit of work...

Complete tear down to start with

A Type 3 frog?

Yes, there was some paint involved, and a replacement tote...

Results of an evening in the Rehab Shop?

That groovy bottom?

And from the rear...

I compared it to my $80 Stanley No. 4-1/2c, Type 11....as they seemed to be close...

That what you were wanting to see?
Oh...you wanted a Block Plane?

Will this do?
ELBOW GREASE!!!!!

Simon
But...Are you even allowed to actually BUY, or IMPORT  Elbow Grease to California?
(07-26-2023, 10:14 PM)bandit571 Wrote: But...Are you even allowed to actually BUY, or IMPORT  Elbow Grease to California?

Probably, but it would have to come with a Prop 65 warning that work may be hazardous to your health.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill