For Sale: Chisels, Gouges and Disston Tenon Saw
Thinning the herd a bit of my users which I've not really used much lately. First, I don’t have paypal or any other EFT gizmos, so payment in US Postal money order please, if I know you from the forum checks are ok; all prices are plus shipping and I’ll combine to get you the best rate. First Private Message (don’t use the chat, I’m old that that is hard to keep track of) with an unequivocal “I’ll take it” gets priority in line and I’ll respond to every PM promptly. Please put your name and shipping address in the PM so I can print shipping labels, this avoids a lot of back and forth. Many pics in this link to a Flickr album; items are described below in their order of appearance in the album. Flaws, if any, are noted and pointed out as apologies and prices asked reflect those apologies, however all tools are in working condition after sharpening (as needed).

Here's a link to the Flickr album with the pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N08/albums/72177720310108640

First up are a collection of worthy vintage chisels (not just the '50s!) by vintage makers that are well known. 1 1/4 Buck Bros; 1" Butcher; 3/4" socket which is unmarked;1/2" Buck Bros and 3/8" Craftsman socket (likely made by Pexto for Sears back in the day). Most are pretty sharp, been sitting in my till for a while now, but all in good condition. Great value for someone looking for solid vintage steel that will hold an edge. Yours for the very reasonable price of $45 plus shipping. great value for someone.  SOLD
\
Next up is a set of carving gouges that I bought new perhaps 20 years ago when I thought I wanted to carve, but I'm not that much of an artist. Basically new old stock, very little use. Made in Germany by MHG Messerschmidt GmbH, google them, quality manufacturer. This was when they were dipping their toes in the US market and made carving chisels in imperial measurements. 1", 3/4", 5/8", 1/2", 3/8", 1/4 and 3/16th" in size. Super clean and very crisp, again, I bought them new and really never used them. Come in a roll I bought from Lee Valley. Nice set for someone who aspires to carve. Yours for $115 plus shipping. Great value here.  

Last is a Disston tenon saw, another in my user till but it hasn't seen much use and time to pass it on to someone else; handle solid, chip in horn, medallion dates it to turn of the century. Plate straight, 12pt filed rip, sharpened by me (see pics for cuts), in great shape for a vintage 100+ year old saw. Take a look at the pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N08/albums/72177720310126918  Quality saw, has another 100 years of work in it. Can be yours for $50 plus shipping.  SOLD

Thanks to all for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Disston tenon saw is sold.
Chisels are sold.