How to keep the underside of your mower deck slick as sn-t
Steps Mo Deck gets really good reviews. I have used a slip plate graphite spray paint. You can usually find it in farm supply stores. They use it in grain wagons etc.
shifty
I pay a lawn care service to mow my lawn. I used to do it myself but I grew tired of the constant service on all the machines I needed, the parts, different fuels and storage. I sold it all off and now have much more time, money and space to develop the things I like to do. There is no way I would want to take care of multiple acres of turf grass especially at todays prices.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
My 60” Pro-Turn Mach One w/ HVO throws the clippings pretty far.
Not much stays under the walk on deck.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(08-06-2023, 03:01 PM)Woodenfish Wrote: I pay a lawn care service to mow my lawn. I used to do it myself but I grew tired of the constant service on all the machines I needed, the parts, different fuels and storage. I sold it all off and now have much more time, money and space to develop the things I like to do. There is no way I would want to take care of multiple acres of turf grass especially at todays prices.
I've got almost 4 acres to cut. A few years ago, I was contemplating a commercial grade ZTR mower. I asked my neighbor who is in the lawn business and a friend, to give me a quote.

$300 per cut, just the cut no weedeating or hedge trimming.

I think I've come out ahead, since the grass needs cutting once a week from June through September. By my figuring the mower paid for itself in less than 2 years.
Not to mention, if you hire a lawn service, they will cut it in the rain, because, like the Brits mentioned above they need to keep their machines and people employed.

Yesterday, as I drove by a grocery store, I watched them mow an incline out front. The mix of clippings and water coming out of the chute looked like a wake.

I have tried several of the sprays for both mower and snowblower. all are slightly better than nothing, but if you keep the deck clean, you are ahead of the game.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne