Kitchen Cabinet Build - Pricing
Thank you all for the replies.  They have given me plenty to think about.  If I do go the path of doing them myself, I'll make sure and document it in a thread
Smile
You should have the book today. There are 2 errors in the book. One is calculating the measurements for an angled corner cabinet. The other is either rails and stiles measurements or maybe cabinet door overlay. I don't quite remember. I'm no math wiz but I picked up on them pretty easily. If you read some of the book reviews, you will see them mentioned.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(08-17-2023, 06:22 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: You should have the book today. There are 2 errors in the book. One is calculating the measurements for an angled corner cabinet. The other is either rails and stiles measurements or maybe cabinet door overlay. I don't quite remember. I'm no math wiz but I picked up on them pretty easily. If you read some of the book reviews, you will see them mentioned.

Thank you again!
Have you made a decision on face framed or frameless cabinets? Over lay doors or inset?

Frameless cabs are by far easier and cheaper to build.

Not trying to change your mind, just putting it out there.

I went with melamine boxes and the system 32 method of building.

If you're painting and never sprayed or even if you have, since I did that already once, I will never, ever do it again. I will hire it out I don't care how much it costs!!
(08-17-2023, 10:09 AM)brnhornt Wrote: Thank you again!

My Pleasure. A woodnetter sent me that book. Time to pass it on. I remember him saying "You'll only build kitchen cabinets once". He was right.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(08-19-2023, 09:53 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: My Pleasure. A woodnetter sent me that book. Time to pass it on. I remember him saying "You'll only build kitchen cabinets once". He was right.

Advice I should have heeded.  I built two before I got the message.  

John
+++1 for the Cutlist program
I've used it on many projects. Easy learning curve and money well spent.
I don't know about what appears to be an integration with CAD programs. I just plugged in the sizes and quantities needed.
Ray
(08-01-2023, 02:51 PM)brnhornt Wrote: Hi all!

I know that several here have built their own kitchen cabinets.  I'm dipping my foot into that water and wonder if anyone out there has a tool that would help set up cut sheets and help me get an idea of the amount of material I would need to purchase.  Once I have an idea of the materials I'd need, I can go out and determine if the cost savings is worth it versus ordering them made for me.  

I have a floor plan that lists all of the cabinets out in specifications like "B15L" "BCB18L" "SB36" "BCB12R"  etc....

Thanks!
Kevin

I rebuilt my cabinets in 2017. I used pencil & paper. As tedious as this sounds, I'm pretty much technically challenged and figured it would take me longer to learn the software than just doing the math. Turned out very well with little waste.

Jim
Jim