Replacing wood balustrades with metal
Has anyone done this? I have 156 of them to do and I wonder if it would weaken the handrails making them wobbly.I plan on using the kit with the top and bottom plus the post.
I will keep the newel and intermediate posts, but those and the top handrail will be refinished.
VH07V  
So it will be a disassemble, refinish, replace balusters, then reassemble.
Shouldn't weaken anything.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I built my stair rails and used metal balusters. The ends of the balusters are covered with blocks to hide the holes in the wood for the balusters. I drilled each hole just large enough to push the balusters in and hold them tight.. so drilled a hair undersized for a tight fit. I first shot a little construction adhesive in the top and bottom hole. Nit really enough to get messy. It shouldn't take much in a small hole. Everything is nice and tight.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS