Porter Cable 314
I think museumguy has solved his problem but if the DeWalt part number is the same I'd probably give it a shot.
(09-12-2023, 08:27 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: https://price.salespider.com/cpidb-57bcc...tch-697171

Dewalt same part number. Same switch?? No picture.
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/switch...61460.html

Post 44
https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7173231

The salespider link is a bad link. I tried that early on. 

The Dewalt link is special order. No confirmation that it will be delivered. I tried that also. 

My problem is different than the Woodnet post you suggested. The switch part if you will, the part that you put your finger on, is physically broken beyond repair. As a last resort, if I hadn't found one that worked, was to buy several switches looking for one that was close to size of the original. Neither of the 2 switches that I bought are anywhere close to size of the original one. 

I have the saw working. I love using it.

Thanks for your replies, Stwood. I'm always open to any and all suggestions.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Ok. Looking back through thread, you didn't say what exactly was wrong with it.

And no, I didn't follow through on the spider link. I was about done with the searching when I got to that link.

Then the old WN post came up. Lol
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-14-2023, 03:33 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Ok. Looking back through thread, you didn't say what exactly was wrong with it.

And no, I didn't follow through on the spider link. I was about done with the searching when I got to that link.

Then the old WN post came up. Lol

I see what you mean about me not saying exactly what was wrong with the switch. Just saying that it is physically broken is rather vague.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. From what have read, this particular switch fits several tools from different manufacturers. It would be nice if someone would make an exact replacement. From what I've seen, most switches are physically larger and will not fit.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(09-16-2023, 09:48 AM)museumguy Wrote: I see what you mean about me not saying exactly what was wrong with the switch. Just saying that it is physically broken is rather vague.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. From what have read, this particular switch fits several tools from different manufacturers. It would be nice if someone would make an exact replacement. From what I've seen, most switches are physically larger and will not fit.

I don't know how many of those lil' critters Porter Cable sold. I kinda suspect not too many, they seemed expensive for what they are. I imagine as a result there's not a lot of 3rd party support like there is for classic Delta Unisaws and bandsaws where there were many tons of those models sold and are still in service.
I bought a new one for onsite work. Figured it would be ideal for cutting out sink holes, straight trim cuts, etc.
But ended up I still used my jigsaw for sink cuts, scms for all trim and such.
And I had bought the carbide toothed blades, as the included steel blade was a joke.
Then, the base must been made on a Friday when everyone wanted off. Or on a Monday when their eyes weren't quite open. Lol.
The base was tinny, adjustments sucked. The square hole for the 1/4" carriage bolt for the depth cut was to big as the bolt slipped in the hole, thus making it that it did not tighten securely. A new bolt did not fix the issue. I finally got the torch out and built the square up on the bolt, filing it down to fit.

I'd had enough so I sold it. Sad to, as I'm a fan of the older porter cable tools. Had 24 routers at one time....and lots of nail guns and others. Drills, metal chop saw......
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I tried to buy a new one about 10-15 years ago. We were remodeling (is that term used anymore?) our kitchen and was building the cabinets myself. If Norm Abram used one, it would be a good excuse for me to get one. Well Porter Cable was out of stock and couldn't predict when they would make more. I purchased one on ebay, and I really like it. I've also picked up a couple at garage and estate sales, and sold them for nice profits.