quick action ratcheting joinery VISE - both SOLD
quick action, ratchet rapid closure, single movement cam handle then locks. I have one installed on bench top joinery bench, works very well. 7" wides, opens sto 8". can use as face vise or tailvise. VG - excellent condition, ratchet teeth undamaged. I have two available (don't ask me why, I don't know, but keeping the one on the joinery bench, selling the other two.)
If you know mfg name and more about these vises, let me know
prefer local pickup in southern Indiana, (Jeffersonville, across from Louisville)  weight 22#, (28# boxed)
$60 + sh/ppf
feel free to contact me with any questions
Ray Knight
812-282-4647
rayknight@twc.com

Attached Files Image(s)

Pm sent on the vise
(08-19-2023, 03:29 PM)rayknight Wrote: quick action, ratchet rapid closure, single movement cam handle then locks. I have one installed on bench top joinery bench, works very well. 7" wides, opens sto 8". can use as face vise or tailvise. VG - excellent condition, ratchet teeth undamaged. I have two available (don't ask me why, I don't know, but keeping the one on the joinery bench, selling the other two.)
If you know mfg name and more about these vises, let me know
prefer local pickup in southern Indiana, (Jeffersonville, across from Louisville)  weight 22#, (28# boxed)
$60 + sh/ppf
feel free to contact me with any questions
Ray Knight
812-282-4647
rayknight@twc.com
one is spoken for, pending payment.   The second one (same condition) is still available
Ray
Pretty sure the vise is a Sheldon, I have one in the tail vise position on my bench. Quick to adjust and tighten. And you had three? Lucky man!
(08-19-2023, 07:24 PM)theoldfart Wrote: Pretty sure the vise is a Sheldon, I have one in the tail vise position on my bench. Quick to adjust and tighten. And you had three? Lucky man!

You are correct, vaguely remember that name, just googled it and it is a "#3 Rapid Action Vise by Sheldon", who was a high school manual training teacher in Louisville (right acrosss the river) when he designed it (1898), later moved his production to the Chicago area. Still not sure I know why I had 3 of them. 
thanks
Ray
(08-19-2023, 08:26 PM)rayknight Wrote: You are correct, vaguely remember that name, just googled it and it is a "#3 Rapid Action Vise by Sheldon", who was a high school manual training teacher in Louisville (right acrosss the river) when he designed it (1898), later moved his production to the Chicago area. Still not sure I know why I had 3 of them. 
thanks
Ray
Sheldon...I have one mounted...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset