FS: Chairmaker’s scorp (AKA inshave) SOLD
I have for sale a German made chairmaker's scorp. It is labelled Bracht, which was a mark of tools sold by Leichtung, likely in the 70’s or 80’s. According to online research I can find (caveat emptor) this company was bought out by the group that makes Two Cherries tools.

I purchased this from a local classifieds listing when I saw it in a picture of group of tools. The seller had no idea what it was and I didn’t want it to go to waste so picked it up along with a few other bits and bobs. If I didn’t already have one from blacksmith Lucian Avery, I would keep it.

This scorp is in the flattened-round style of the scorp that stick chairmaker Chris Schwarz prefers. You can read about it on his blog here. It had never been sharpened, so I put a hollow grind on the edge and honed it to razor sharp. Makes some pretty shavings as can be seen in the photos. The only apology is a knick (see pics) on the back side of the blade about 1/8” back from the cutting edge. So after making 40 or 50 chairs you might have to grind the edge back past the knick!

Asking $75 + shipping. A good alternative to the $300 and about a 3 month wait it takes to get one of the Lucian Averys. Payment via Paypal, Venmo, or Zelle is preferred. Local pickup in the greater Cincinatti area is also an option.

P.S. I’ve been on the forum for many years and have made a number of purchases, but this is my first time as a seller.

SCORP IS SOLD

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm interested and sent a PM.
Scorp is sold pending payment