Same tool different brand name
I have known for a long time that factories in china (and here to if we have any left…) would be happy to sell most any of their products and will happily put anyone’s brand name on it. 

I’ve always hated to see trusted brands do this, I understand why they do, but I still hate to see it. 

This morning I opened an advertisement from tractor supply with a Porter Cable branded shop vac. On closer inspection it’s pretty much identical to the Bauer sold at Harbor Freight.  The good news, is that it’s also comparable pricing at $50 rather than trying to sell it for twice the price hoping the brand will fool people into thinking they are getting a better product.

I’m also aware that just because two items look same on the surface they may not have same specs on motors, gears, fans etc. 

At the $50 price point on this vacuum, I’m willing to bet it’s either same or worse specs than the Bauer. 

Duke
(09-24-2023, 08:51 AM)JDuke Wrote: I have known for a long time that factories in china (and here to if we have any left…) would be happy to sell most any of their products and will happily put anyone’s brand name on it. 

I’ve always hated to see trusted brands do this, I understand why they do, but I still hate to see it. 

This morning I opened an advertisement from tractor supply with a Porter Cable branded shop vac. On closer inspection it’s pretty much identical to the Bauer sold at Harbor Freight.  The good news, is that it’s also comparable pricing at $50 rather than trying to sell it for twice the price hoping the brand will fool people into thinking they are getting a better product.

I’m also aware that just because two items look same on the surface they may not have same specs on motors, gears, fans etc. 

At the $50 price point on this vacuum, I’m willing to bet it’s either same or worse specs than the Bauer. 

Duke
Unless you know Mr. Peabody and can use his Way-Back machine and go back a few decades in history to buy your tools, you're likely going to be hard pressed to find anything tool-wise that doesn't involve China or Mexico in some way.  Unfortunate but a fact that we have to live with.
You know why vacuums are no longer made in America? Because the job sucked.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.