WATCO
I've been using WATCO Danish Oil for probably 40 years, and even sopping it on until it wouldn't absorb anymore I've never had it not 'dry' overnight.  And many (many) times over the years I've top coated it with lacquer the next day with no resulting issues.  So I was a bit surprised this morning when the maple 'butcher block' is still 'seeping'... and I didn't really lay in on heavy.   I expect I've been incredibly lucky over the years.  
Crazy
Laugh
(09-24-2023, 11:12 AM)KC Wrote: I've been using WATCO Danish Oil for probably 40 years, and even sopping it on until it wouldn't absorb anymore I've never had it not 'dry' overnight.  And many (many) times over the years I've top coated it with lacquer the next day with no resulting issues.  So I was a bit surprised this morning when the maple 'butcher block' is still 'seeping'... and I didn't really lay in on heavy.   I expect I've been incredibly lucky over the years.  
Crazy
Laugh

Probably a change in formula to cut down voc's.   It used to be 60% naphtha.  What is was years ago was a lot different.  Roly
Try some Japan Drier:
https://www.amazon.com/Klean-Strip-PJD40...133&sr=8-2
You can find it in smaller quantities (you only use a little bit at a time) at art supply stores.