A Project for November
You got alot of work done in 2+ days which would take me .... well I never done it before.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Like the idea of a small brad in the center of the panel to keep it centered! Will try it!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Well, Side#1 is out of the clamps...and hanging out over by the bench..

Hmmm...

Parts for Side #2 WERE sitting here? 

Ok, there they are...wondered what all that cussing was about..

LARGE clamp to pull things into square...plus, I needed cauls to keep things almost flat..

As some of the clamps wanted to pull the stiles up a bit...

Let this sit a spell...Tomorrow the clamps can be put away.   I need my tablesaw back...have to start milling web frames to both connect the two sides together,  AND, provide something for the drawers to slide on..

Stay tuned...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Parts for the 6 webframes have been started to be milled....the parts the drawers will slide in on, are  now 3/4" x1-1/2" x 11-3/4"  ....12 of them

The front and rear of the frames are cut to length and width...and one is milled to 3/4" thick...the rest have been clamped up, and will be allowed to get used to be that size..and not be warping up on me...
Both sides of the case are out of the clamps...will match them up after a while....
Haven't milled the Kickers, yet..
Film in a little bit...
Some pictures...

Was a bit busy, today...

Other than the kickers, enough parts for the 6 web frames..

Even thinned these down to 3/4" thick...from 7/8"+....these are what the drawer will slide on in the case..still need a tenon on each end..

Still needed 3 more....these will be the front and backs of those frames...they are sitting with a clamp on them, right now...letting them get used to being milled...before I resaw them to 3/4" thickness...they also get a groove...to house the tenons...

Needed to be 1-1/2"...might just be enough left in the one....the other will become a kicker...I think..

Letting these 2 just sit for a few days...

Right now, I am soaked and crampy...just going to sit and chill..
Always enjoy your posts!
(11-06-2023, 10:00 PM)Mr Eddie Wrote: Always enjoy your posts!

True statement.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
OK, try an update to this mess..
Front and back parts I am calling "stiles"  needed to be resawn to 3/4" thickness  some only took maybe an 1/8" off..some almost a 1/4"  off..
Line them up, square one end..check the other to see how much I have to trim off...about THAT much?

Ok, grab a few, gang them up on the saw..

Same with the runners...then run them all through..

Stiles trimmed....and..

and the runners, too...runners NEED to be all the same length, even more so than the stiles. 

Then I could add tenons to the ends of the runners..

As usual..ONE tenon was a bit too thin..

Then try to make a groove in the stiles that FIT these tenons...

And try a dry fit..

All I need to mill now, would be the kickers..so..

These...they keep a drawer from tipping down when you slide it out a bit too far...the top of a drawer's back rubs along a Kicker.

Cut almost 15 of these, trying to get the best 7 out of the bunch..have plans for most of the rest. 
Was a bit of a challenge, though..

Bark-a-lot?   cut what I could out...barky stuff was tossed...

12 stiles, 12 runners, 7 kickers...all set.   Kickers were also thinned down to 3/4" thick...

Stay tuned...
Before I could go too much further along...I needed pilot holes drilled..
Laid out a couple lines, while the runners were all clamped up evenly..

Drill does both the pilot hole and a counter bore...

But, the bit does not reach all the way through...changed to a normal drill bit and finished to pilot holes...these are to attach the webframes to the sides of the case..they go into the "Rails"  NOT the raised panels. 

Ok, Hardware dug out?

And a couple tools?

Bottle of glue and a square, too...glue on the tenons, slide them into the stiles' groove..square them up, and clamp together tight..

2 nails per joint.  then, find the center point of the frame..square across, and glue and screw a kicker in place..

Square across, again, pilot hole and a screw there, too.   Screws are counter-sunk a hair...as the top of a drawer's back will be rubbing across there...don't want it to catch on anything..

One done.  This is the underside of the webframe..the drawer rides on the other face...

Do 4 more.   The webframe for the bottom drawer is a bit...different..

2 kickers?   These are to add support at the bottom corners..and back up the bottom of a face frame...spaced according to..

this bit...as this is what I will be attaching the webframes to the sides with..alnong with a drill and a few 1-5/8" long screws......intend to add a drop of glue, too.

Right now, have both of the case's sides clamped together, and in the leg vise on the bench...plus a few other clamps here and there,,,,and let the two get cozy over night..tomorrow the Stabnley No.8c will see about planing the edges even.
Then see about running a rebate, to house the 1/4" panel for the back of the case. 

Stay tuned..
2 Rebates..done

Time to start installing those frames..

Dab of glue along the edge...add two 1-5/8" screws per frame.    Framer's Square to align each frame up.   There is 5" between the bottom of a kicker, and the top edge of a runner..

Once side #1 is done...clamp side #2 to it, and use the Framer's square to transfer lines across..

Then rotate 90 degrees..

And...remember to add the glue to the ends of the frames, BEFORE you rotate another 90 degrees...and then a few clamps and a hammer to adjust...install the frames to side #2.....then stand it up on the floor...

Hmmm, don't see any screws sticking through?

Ok. "Faces, FRONT!"

Need to build the rest of the Face Frames parts...and cut a 1/4" plywood back panel....

After that?   We'll see...
Stay tuned...starting to look like something, now?