A Project for November
I really like the project and the drawer faces look great.  I can not wait to see what the finish is
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Case needs a lid...actually a Top

Removed the cauls...soon to be Bread Board ends...and started to level the "Show Face"....both with an 80 beltsander, and..

tried a  No. 5....then settled on this Stanley No. 5-1/2c, Type 11
Non-show face was just sanded as flat as needed....just the higher spots...

Ends of the panel were a bit jagged....we have ways..

Shop has a "Universal Fence"   tablesaw rip fence, Router Table fence,  along with guiding hand held power tools...

Trimmed both ends square with a circular saw..

Vintage SKIL saw at that..HOME SHOP...No. 520...6" blade

Next...same fence to guide a router.....was going to try the Stanley No. 45...was having issues with work holding still...so...found the widest router bit IN the shop..only one I have, has a 1/2" shank....so...had to change collet sizes...from 1/4" up to 1/2"....and set how deep to set the bit...

Then set the fence for the cuts (twice...wanted 5/8" wide tongues..with  a 3/8" bit) First and second cuts..

Repeat 3 more times...and after each...clean things up with two hand tools...

Soon had both ends done...

And ready for the Bread Board ends

Stay tuned..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Bread Board ends...may not be done the way others like them to be done...but works for my shop...

2 blanks, that used to be cauls....needed a square end, and the other end sawn to length...both needed ripped to width, mainly to remove a split going on in one of them

Next, need a groove to match that tongue on the top's ends...easy way for me?   Rather than drag out that router table, find a 1/4" shanked bit that matches the thickness of the tongue....and hope there isn't any blow-out along the way....Tablesaw. with  Zero Clearance Overlay and that fence...
First pass, the turn end for end for the second pass..

Then reset the fence to clear out the center.   Got both blanks done...then try a dry fit..

Hmmm...We have work to do.....the other tongue was 1/8" too wide...and not square out on the end...Circular saw to trim it a bit.   This first end?  Needed to joint the edge of the groove, to remove that gap...took a while of cutting, test fitting, plane a bit more, test again...cuss a bit, plane again..finally fits the way I want...so..

Spread some glue on the tongues ( both sides)  and slip, hammer and clamp the 2 ends into place....A box end wrench ( BIG one) helped with the pipe clamps to pull things up tight...Details?

C clamp to level things up...Let this sit a day..or 2..process did make a mess on the floor..

That I also had to sweep up. 

There is one other item to work out...

look at the bottom at those skinny legs.....that vibrate everytime I try to move the chest....Thinking of adding a block in the corner...maybe a few curves...and a couple counter bored screws to help glue the block in place...Grain direction will be an issue....maybe start with a blank that was cut at 45 degrees on each end...to fit up into the corner?

Stay tuned...( beats trying to go shopping on a Black Friday?)
Amazing progress over the month Bandit. One of your top pieces. Agree, the legs/ feet could use beefing up a bit.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Instead of Black Friday...I had Bracket Friday...

Sawn with the bandsaw...refined for fit with the Sanding center's Belt sander

Front ones...and..

Back ones...which needed counter bored holes for the screws..at a certain angle...

Note the line on the side.

Front 2 brackets..just glue and screws...

But, due to the fact I had already ran a cove bit in that area...I had to offset a bit towards the inside....which left a bit of bracket sticking out like a sore thumb..shaved away the excess...I also shaved away all the sharp corners..

As for the back 2 brackets...I had to miss a piece/brace...and tuck the bracket towards the foot..

Yep, them Non-kickers.   I could also add that clamp, and a blob of glue, and glue the bracket to the Plywood back..

There was a hidden bracket done when I attached the face frame..

To top of this exciting day..

Drawer #4 needed an adjustment for a better fit.    Stanley/Ward's  No. 78 as a Shoulder plane?   Just have to watch where your fingers are....DAMHIKT..

Might need an extra hand or 2, later....when it becomes time to lift this case up and over, onto where ever the top is sitting...so I can attach the top to the case..and then set the case back onto the floor on it's own four feet..

Stay tuned..
Brackets = "more better". Nice job.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Top has been attached...took two people to lift the EMPTY case up onto the top sitting on the tablesaw...4 screws, each with 4 washers ( to prevent the tip of the screws coming through the top.    ROS with 220 grit was then run all over the top...but, first...a belt sander to radius the front 2 corners.....then re-fitted the router with a 1/4" shanked Cove bit...and run that all around the top...then a final sanding....

Drawers were fine tuned for a better fit...then the fronts were given a coat of Witch's Brew Stain...wiped down and allowed to dry....

Then, the rest of the Chest of Drawers also got a coat....some was done after the top was installed, but still sitting up in the air on the tablesaw.   Once the case was back on the floor ( 2 people operation, both ways) to where I could work on the top. and get it ready for the Witch's Brew... then wipe things down.

Moved the tablesaw back out of the way...and hung up the Shop Apron...

Warning:  Camera has a "thing" for any straight lines it sees....makes them look wavy...not sure why..working on it..

PIP?

One front corner...and..

The other front corner...details of the top..

Radius corner, cove detail...ready for the full frontal?

Thinking about 2 coats of Amber Shellac as the Top Coat?   We'll see..
Stay tuned..
(11-25-2023, 09:56 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Top has been attached...took two people to lift the EMPTY case up onto the top sitting on the tablesaw...4 screws, each with 4 washers ( to prevent the tip of the screws coming through the top.    ROS with 220 grit was then run all over the top...but, first...a belt sander to radius the front 2 corners.....then re-fitted the router with a 1/4" shanked Cove bit...and run that all around the top...then a final sanding....

Drawers were fine tuned for a better fit...then the fronts were given a coat of Witch's Brew Stain...wiped down and allowed to dry....

Then, the rest of the Chest of Drawers also got a coat....some was done after the top was installed, but still sitting up in the air on the tablesaw.   Once the case was back on the floor ( 2 people operation, both ways) to where I could work on the top. and get it ready for the Witch's Brew... then wipe things down.

Moved the tablesaw back out of the way...and hung up the Shop Apron...

Warning:  Camera has a "thing" for any straight lines it sees....makes them look wavy...not sure why..working on it..

PIP?

One front corner...and..

The other front corner...details of the top..

Radius corner, cove detail...ready for the full frontal?

Thinking about 2 coats of Amber Shellac as the Top Coat?   We'll see..
Stay tuned..

who is that really thin guy with your apron on?  
Smirk
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That be my Bandsaw. 

Have to stop for a couple days....seems I have come down with a BAD cold..
Uhoh

Maybe by next weekend, I can have this Chest of Drawers delivered?

Stay tuned...
Nice presentation, always enjoy watching your projects.