SawStop Overarm Dust Collector and 3HP Professional saw dust collection
I just recently upgraded my table saw from a powermatic 66 to a new sawstop professional cabinet saw 3hp and now just purchased the 4” sawstop overarm dust collector.  My question is what is the best way to hook both of these up to my dust collector?  Do I do them separately to my dust collector that has two dust imports on it?  Or do I tie the overarm dust hose into my cabinet saw and if so is it best to use a “Y” or a “T”?  Was curious about the best way for air flow.  Running a 2hp mobile dust collector.
I have the Excalibur overarm (the one SS bought and renamed) and what I did was just split off the truck line to the 2 4" ports. But my trunk line is 6", and the overarm comes off it on a wye, then the trunk stays 6" right up to the saw prt where I necked it down to the puny (and wholly inadequate, IMHO) 4" on the saw. Set up this way it works really well, but I do have a larger DC and I'm sure that makes some difference. My Excalibur is the original version which has the 4" connection at the top of the brace instead of at the bottom as yours does. If I had the newer design, I'd still do it the same way except the piping would be quite a bit different to get them hooked up.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(11-05-2023, 09:33 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I have the Excalibur overarm (the one SS bought and renamed) and what I did was just split off the truck line to the 2 4" ports. But my trunk line is 6", and the overarm comes off it on a wye, then the trunk stays 6" right up to the saw prt where I necked it down to the puny (and wholly inadequate, IMHO) 4" on the saw. Set up this way it works really well, but I do have a larger DC and I'm sure that makes some difference. My Excalibur is the original version which has the 4" connection at the top of the brace instead of at the bottom as yours does. If I had the newer design, I'd still do it the same way except the piping would be quite a bit different to get them hooked up.

awesome bud thank you!