Buying Electric Range/Stove
branch -  it will be helpful to tell us EXACTLY what you have now (pic?)

It’s hard to know where to point you because :

1. avocado green has been gone around 50years.

2. If you do have a RANGE , those from the period that had two ovens were not common and they were/are wider than the ubiquitous 30” ranges of today. Or even 36”. 

3. Some of the (your) comments make me think you may actually be asking about a double WALL OVEN.  Those from the period were commonly 24” wide maybe 27” if upgraded . Both of those sizes are difficult to find these days.  AcTually you can find them easily enough , what I meant to say is there will be little choice.  

If you’re lucky your oven cabinet may be a lot wider and the cutout can be modified for width. If you’re not …..
Upset

4. Electrical has been mentioned, but I suggest you find out exactly what you have before shopping.  Upgrades to the supply line can be expensive or impossible.
Current stove is 30" wide, 6' tall. Exhaust, oven, exhaust, stove, oven, drawer, feet. GE Americana probably mid 1970s about when the house was built.  Definitely will be checking on the wiring.  Based on comments looking at GE and LG and talking to electricians.  Thanks for the comments/suggestions.
(11-19-2023, 10:15 AM)branchacctg Wrote: Current stove is 30" wide, 6' tall. Exhaust, oven, exhaust, stove, oven, drawer, feet. GE Americana probably mid 1970s about when the house was built.  Definitely will be checking on the wiring.  Based on comments looking at GE and LG and talking to electricians.  Thanks for the comments/suggestions.

There are exceptions to the code for existing wiring for ranges if no new wiring was done where you can use the neutral as a ground. as before.  NEC 250.140 list the requirements.   See what code year your state has adopted,  most states are well behind the current new code.  Most ranges show how to wire for 3 or 4 wire installations.  Roly
(11-18-2023, 08:14 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I have pre-written narratives to describe defects in my inspection software... probably a couple thousand? Every time I see something new, I save my comment so I don't have to write is again. I just click on a pull down menu and find it and it goes into the report. The more I use it, the further it moves to the top of the list. "The inspector observed a malfunctioning digital display on the kitchen range. Recommend repair or replace". That's 2nd from the top of the kitchen range list. Jut behind inoperable burner. Almost always Samsung ranges. ...

Yup.

At first, some segments on our 7 segment digital displays went out, and I checked into replacing it.

It wasn't too bad, maybe $150 or so, and looked like a pretty straight forward install.

THEN.... the broiler went on by itself while the oven was being used. Started a fire inside the oven.

Reset everything, and tried again....same thing. 
Crazy

We ordered the GE .....  
Smirk
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I've never used one, but I've always been intrigued by the induction cook tops. I just like the concept of it only heating the pot. I've always wondered if they are bad for people with pacemakers, etc.
(11-20-2023, 10:40 AM)Willyou Wrote: I've never used one, but I've always been intrigued by the induction cook tops. I just like the concept of it only heating the pot. I've always wondered if they are bad for people with pacemakers, etc.

A pain in the arse for home inspectors. I need to carry around an iron skillet in my truck. And some have 4 induction burners and 1 traditional in the middle for warming but they all look the same. Apparently induction burners don't "Warm" well.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

My wife loves using the Induction cook tops.
You should definitely investigate them.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I like KitchenAid products. It is a high quality brand and if you ever get around to replacing other appliances (frig, dishwasher, etc.) they offer a complete line of matching products - something to think about.
My other concern would be your current electrical supply. Most newer electric ovens/ranges will require upwards of a 40 (or even 50) amp supply.

Decision has been made, we will be getting an LG Smart Induction Range with ProBake Convection, Air Fry & Air Sous Vide, whatever all of that is.  Wife is happy that's all that matters. Also getting new microwave for over the range.  Delivery and installation to be done after New Year's Day.  Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions.
(11-24-2023, 07:45 PM)branchacctg Wrote:   Wife is happy that's all that matters. Also getting new microwave for over the range. 

Truer words were never spoken!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.