Ambrosia maple writing desk done
30x60 ambrosia top.  Wipe on oil poly.  Flowyline Design steel legs ordered by the customer.  Aprons were drawn by the customer.  Paint is Palermo Rose by Benjamin Moore.  

I'm pleased.  My customer loves it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Very nice looking job there Brad. You deserve to be smiling.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."  To me, the apron does not compliment the legs; both draw your eyes away from the beautiful wood.  And the paint color would not be my choice; but if the customer is happy, then you hit a home run!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I'd like to see more of the top. 

Good on you for making the customer happy.
(11-20-2023, 08:44 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."  To me, the apron does not compliment the legs; both draw your eyes away from the beautiful wood.  And the paint color would not be my choice; but if the customer is happy, then you hit a home run!!!

She drew the aprons, chose the legs, and chose the paint.  Money talks!

(11-20-2023, 09:31 AM)stav Wrote: I'd like to see more of the top. 

Good on you for making the customer happy.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

The top is lovely.  The rest, hmmm.  

John
(11-20-2023, 02:54 PM)jteneyck Wrote: The top is lovely.  The rest, hmmm.  

John

Beauty is in the eye of the money holder!
Semper fi,
Brad

(11-21-2023, 07:10 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Beauty is in the eye of the money holder!

Yes, and if it's not at least attractive to me, my name isn't going to be associated with it.  Maybe my opinion would be different if I had to eat from what I make, but I don't so I can afford to adhere to my sense of good design.  Design is subjective, so I'm not passing judgement, only that it's not attractive to me.  

John
Well, I like it. Prefer the gray legs better but it's not my table. The rose legs put it right in a fairy tale castle's kitchen. I can see Snow White and the dwarfs having an ale at that table.  either way, I like original stuff and to be original, you take risks. I like it. When I did some custom painting and got paid for it. My goal was to satisfy my client and get paid. That's what they were paying for. That's what all customers pay for. If they were happy and they paid me, my work was a success. I did a butt ugly yellow, orange and brown Harley Davidson. My work was great, the colors really turned me off. Customer was ecstatic. Everybody wins. Not my bike.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I liked it better before it was painted, but the customer is almost always right. Good job.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill