Jet clamps bogof @ acme
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

not sure if everyone knows this but Acme tools are selling jet clamps with buy one get one free on the 24", 31" and 40"

https://www.acmetools.com/jet/hand-tools/

Lean~
My god, have Jet clamps really gone up that much in price. I have quite a few of those clamps, that admittedly were bought some years back, that I paid around half of what those prices are. I'm so glad that my shop is stocked with pretty much everything I need now. I can't imagine how someone just starting out in this hobby can afford to do that.
(11-23-2023, 06:47 PM)sweensdv2 Wrote: My god, have Jet clamps really gone up that much in price.  I have quite a few of those clamps, that admittedly were bought some years back, that I paid around half of what those prices are.  I'm so glad that my shop is stocked with pretty much everything I need now.  I can't imagine how someone just starting out in this hobby can afford to do that.

so paying half of these prices are what they are now since they are buy one get one free?
its the first time ive seen these clamps at these prices so i thought i put them up in case people are looking
I thought Jet had actually discontinued those clamps. They had a lot of fans back in the day.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
That's a pretty good deal. I don't need more, but thanks for posting.
(11-23-2023, 06:47 PM)sweensdv2 Wrote: My god, have Jet clamps really gone up that much in price.  I have quite a few of those clamps, that admittedly were bought some years back, that I paid around half of what those prices are.  I'm so glad that my shop is stocked with pretty much everything I need now.  I can't imagine how someone just starting out in this hobby can afford to do that.

I just checked Peachtree for parallel clamps. They don't have the trigger mechanism like Jet but they're roughly half the price. The dreaded Harbor Freight has 24" parallel clamps for $34.99 and 48" for $44.99. If Harbor Freight parallel clamps work as well as their smaller F clamps they'd be a decent value.

https://www.ptreeusa.com/clamp_parallel.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=parallel%20clamp

I don't have any of the peachtree clamps so don't know how good they are. I do have some 24" that I bought from I think Woodcraft when they had their own brand, the price was comparable to Peachtree and they seem fine. I also got 4 Stanley 48" from Big Lots -- $15 each
Big Grin

Sticker shock for sure.  Even putting together a 48" pipe clamp will be over $20 unless you find a great deal on pipe.
Oh my gosh!!!  I just counted my Jet clamps; I have 30, ranging from 12" to 50".  IIRC when they came out, Rockler had a Black Friday sale on a set of four.  That's how I got started, after that I watched eBay and Craig's List...never paid retail.

I think they are good clamps, but I have to say Jet has/had the poorest quality control on the color of the "red" plastic.  I must have six or seven shades of red.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Holy smokes. I bought Jorgenson from Amazon during the Jorgey Orgy days. 24" for $13 I think.
I had built up a supply of 36,24, and 12 inch. Had about 80 clamps. A few years later I sold all of them as I didn't like the weight nor how they operated. Doubled my money on some of them.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020