new Milwaukee pin nailer issue
Just received my new cordless 23 gauge pin nailer today and decided to give it a test right away. Loaded it with a freshly charged battery and its max length (1 3/8 inch) nails and tried driving a nail into the edge of a cherry board with the countersink adjustment set to max depth just to make sure this nailer will countersink into hardwood.
Well I drove several nails in several different spots and it only drives the nail flush or just very slightly below the surface.

Can anyone who has this nailer comment on their experience with this nailer's countersinking ability?
Thanks. John
(12-04-2023, 08:12 PM)jpohja Wrote: Just received my new cordless 23 gauge pin nailer today and decided to give it a test right away. Loaded it with a freshly charged battery and its max length (1 3/8 inch) nails and tried driving a nail into the edge of a cherry board with the countersink adjustment set to max depth just to make sure this nailer will countersink into hardwood.
Well I drove several nails in several different spots and it only drives the nail flush or just very slightly below the surface.

Can anyone who has this nailer comment on their experience with this nailer's countersinking ability?
Thanks. John

No experience with that nailer, but try driving some shorter pins to see if they get countersunk.  If not, perhaps you don't have the depth adjustment set properly.  

John
I was waiting on some reviews of this nailer. If it was a decent review I was going to get one. I ended up with a reconditioned Makita. It had the same issues for a while when it first came out. Not sure what was done to fix the issues.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(12-05-2023, 03:18 PM)jteneyck Wrote: No experience with that nailer, but try driving some shorter pins to see if they get countersunk.  If not, perhaps you don't have the depth adjustment set properly.  

John

Thanks for the comments JT. Only seems to struggle with the max nail length which of course it shouldn't, especially being a high end tool.  And as I mentioned  in my initial post,  i have the depth adjustment set at max depth.
(12-05-2023, 08:12 PM)jpohja Wrote: Thanks for the comments JT. Only seems to struggle with the max nail length which of course it shouldn't, especially being a high end tool.  And as I mentioned  in my initial post,  i have the depth adjustment set at max depth.

Yeah, I know you said you had it adjusted to max depth, but I've gotten things wrong more than once.  

Have you tried it in other woods?  If it fails to sink the longest nails in pine or poplar, then you definitely could justify returning it.  

John