DC leak location how to??????
Ive got a clear vue cyclone collector and love it.  What I don't love is that it has a leak around the unit itself and I can not locate it.  That area is always covered with that ultra fine dust that is not healthy.   I've got two questions, the 1st is for those that have the unit.   What is the hole in the cyclone for?  It has a gromet inserted? Seems very odd but must serve a purpose.  I just noticed this after nearly 4 years of use.

Second, how can I locate this leak?  I've tried incense sticks but never see any smoke moving.  Are there better ways?
I have one, and yes it has that hole with a grommet. I haven't asked CV but I suspect that allows a small amount of air into the cyclone body to clear any build up of dust in that area, but that's a guess. The way I detect leaks with my system is with a down feather, it pays to have one with long fibers and they need to be really feathery. I wish I had a suggestion on where to find these, I've had mine so long I forgot where I got them. But anything that is very light and moves easily like a down feather will work. I take this and move it around all the seams, when I see it sucked in (or blown out on the discharge side) I know I have a leak there.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-30-2023, 01:52 PM)fredhargis Wrote: I wish I had a suggestion on where to find these, I've had mine so long I forgot where I got them. 

Might try Hobby Lobby
VH07V  
Smoke generator or invite over a friend who smokes.   

John
I use an incense stick
Bug 
(01-04-2024, 04:01 PM)fixtureman Wrote: I use an incense stick

This ^^ or a candle
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I got my feather boa at Hobby Lobby. Left it and my crown at the office when i retired. (they were used to celebrate birthdays--the celebrant wore them. Started when i picked them up for the 50th of one of our staffers, and continued for about 15 years!!)
earl