Ridgid R4520
Anyone have one?
Comments, criticisms or reviews?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I had its much earlier version. Fine for woodworking as a contractor saw. It comes with lifetime warranty being a Ridgid. All my Ridgid tools are reliable and good value for their prices. I now use the sawstop cabinet saw, which is of course in a different league.

Simon
(01-02-2024, 05:26 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Anyone have one?
Comments, criticisms or reviews?

I'm still using my TS2424.  I don't cut much wood but it has served me well and at this point I can shave a wart off a flea with it. LOL

Lonnie
I love my TS3660, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(01-02-2024, 07:26 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: I had its much earlier version. Fine for woodworking as a contractor saw. It comes with lifetime warranty being a Ridgid. All my Ridgid tools are reliable and good value for their prices. I now use the sawstop cabinet saw, which is of course in a different league.

Simon

I have a Unisaw in my main shop.
I have a Ridgid TS2412 in my secondary shop and have an opportunity to get the R4520 for $400.
I would sell the 2412.

Is it worth it?
Gary

(01-06-2024, 10:40 AM)Gary G™ Wrote: I have a Unisaw in my main shop.
I have a Ridgid TS2412 in my secondary shop and have an opportunity to get the R4520 for $400.
I would sell the 2412.

Is it worth it?

With about $350 saving, I'd definitely take it. Bring some scraps along to make some test cuts.

Simon
The R4520 is in my main shop along with my Unisaw.
It cuts fine—it’s practically brand new.
My BIL cut some plywood sheeting with it and ripped a little poplar.
HE asked if he could sell it and just use my Uni.
I let him use the shop when he wants and I said sure.
That’s when we discussed me buying it.

Today, I sold the 2412 and will bring the 4520 down here.

I also learned my BIL never used the saw; he had purchased a lot and was going to build a house and shop but plans changed.
Instead of building they bought built and his garage is filled with other stuff.
This saw is orders of magnitude better than the 2412 and only $150 out of pocket.
Gary