Should I buy this?
That was the question one of the guys in my woodworking club wanted to know and he texted me some pics of a plane that he found as part of a group of tools for a total of $15. Hopefully, the pics will be here soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
A Stanley No. 9?    Well..Duh!   And IF you can rehab it for use, send it to me with postage for both directions. and I'll rehab for you....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Yes, a very useful plane
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

If the body's not got any cracks or obvious repairs, absolutely buy it. No. 9's are somewhat rare. A rehabbed version would definitely be a collector's item. Very good condition ones are selling for upwards of $800.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Is that a hotdog handle laying there between the blade and lever cap?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

It sure is. I couldn't believe it when he texted me.
Please tell us he made the purchase.

Looks to be a good rehab project, as Bandit said.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
He did buy the tools. His $15 also included a 8" 2101 brace and a Stanley 80 scraper. I don't know if he plans on keeping the plane or selling it to get funds for tools he needs more
Cool.

Was just reading about the No. 9 on Superior Works ( Patricks' Blood and Gore ).
Lots of good  info available there of course. 

For the price paid, he did very well.  Even if it has flaws.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Plus a 2101. The ultimate cordless drill with a chuck that'll handle any bit style, with an unequalled ratchet and a motor that runs on tea and biscuits (coffee and cookies that side of the pond.) FFS. Was a bit of a silly question then, wasn't it? I'd have insisted on giving several times the asking price: would have felt too much of a louse to fleece an uninformed seller by that much. Unless the source seemed shady? Then I'd want to check with local WW groups for the real owner.
(Only half tongue in cheek) 
Wink
Make your wood sing!