Cutting groves
(01-17-2024, 10:18 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I use both depending on the material and task.  A router can take longer to set up. 

Example, with sheet material a router is often better if the piece is big enough to have to wrestle through the saw and keep against the fence.  Stock guides are nice to have here.

The other factor is with a shallow groove there is a risk of the blade coming out of the groove, catching the material and at the very least, ruining the surface.  At the worst, causing an injury. 

Also, if there is any bow or warp in the material, a router is better b/c it follows the contour.

If you're having to press the ply down through the cut, IMO that's grounds for using a router.

Had that happen and why i made the post
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.