Couple little projects
I used up most of my leftover mesquite on this little shelf.   Many example of this little shelf on the innwerwebs, most with a tile or photo in the 'window'.  LOML will knock out a cross stitch to put in there soon.   Only finish is WATCO natural, because I have a mesquite tall clock from many years back finished the same way (want them to be similar).

And here's a little mantel clock, because I've been carrying around three of those dial faces and two chiming movements for probably 20 years... and I had some nice enough QSWO for the case.  A little disappointed that you have be right up on it to see the fleck.  No glass, but I'd put a door on any more going forward.  I have a more appropriate rectangle 'Arts & Crafts' dial face to use the last movement on, and will get to that when the snow clears up (need wood).

Both fun little projects.  Ebony plugs on both.  Still working with a grab-bag of ebony shorts I picked up at Woodcraft probably 20 years ago as well.   Thanks for looking...
Couple of nice projects.
Bonus using up scraps you already have.
I’m using lots of QSWO doing the woodwork in our house.
Looking forward to using up a lot of the scraps on useful projects when I get the chance
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Both look good there KC. Good use of scraps.
I've been moving/adjusting some of my scraps the last few days. Hadn't intended to really do that, but had scraps everywhere so I started moving it to the scrap corner and well.........it hasn't ended yet. Throwing out old electrical boxes that I took out of a salvaged/demo'd building in the early 90's to make room for scraps.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Those are really great.  I love that shelf, just beautiful.  

The wood in the clock looks more like rift sawn to me.  Either way, I like it because it's quieter than heavy fleck QS would be, so the clock face and shape of the clock are the stars and not the wood grain.  

John
(01-09-2024, 03:26 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Those are really great.  I love that shelf, just beautiful.  

The wood in the clock looks more like rift sawn to me.  Either way, I like it because it's quieter than heavy fleck QS would be, so the clock face and shape of the clock are the stars and not the wood grain.  

John

Thanks, John. It's QS, but not 'wild'.  The stain looks 'muddied' on this, but not on the bookcase it's sitting on (same can of stain several years later).
Love the clock. I'm a big fan of Arts and Crafts style.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill