Cute router plane from Aliexpress
I've bought a couple of things from Aliexpress over the years. I've never had any financial issues pop up, i.e. identity theft, credit card theft. My biggest issue is inconsistent shipping times. Plan on adding several weeks to your estimated date of delivery... one thing I ordered took more than 6 weeks to arrive.
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

(03-12-2024, 05:42 PM)Bencuri Wrote: Theoretically it is possible, but given the situation that the screw came loose already at normal use, I'd worry about the thread becoming completely loose on frequent changes. Maybe better not replacing that part ever. On the other hand, given the price is so low on this plane, it might be worth just buying another one, grind its blade, and that's it, no need to spend time on changing blades, but there is a plane dedicated for every task. If you think it over: some replacement blades from particular brands cost much more than this complete plane.

Roger that, good point.  
Yes 

Hard to get my mind to think like that...  
Laugh
The wrong kind of non-conformist.

http://www.norsewoodsmith.com
(03-13-2024, 08:48 AM)ZachDillinger Wrote: I've bought a couple of things from Aliexpress over the years. I've never had any financial issues pop up, i.e. identity theft, credit card theft. My biggest issue is inconsistent shipping times. Plan on adding several weeks to your estimated date of delivery... one thing I ordered took more than 6 weeks to arrive.

This router plane arrived in 10 days.   I was expecting to wait much longer.   Nice tool for 14.91....I was gonna build a poor man's router plane 

using block of wood and chisel.  At this price why bother?  
Wink
(03-13-2024, 06:46 PM)Ricky Wrote: This router plane arrived in 10 days.   I was expecting to wait much longer.   Nice tool for 14.91....I was gonna build a poor man's router plane 

using block of wood and chisel.  At this price why bother?  
Wink

Here is this plane in action: I decided to tighten the mouth on my home made plane, it cut a nice hollow, and I did it in two steps: 2mm and 3mm. Clean surface, and all this out of the box!

(03-14-2024, 05:58 PM)Bencuri Wrote: Here is this plane in action: I decided to tighten the mouth on my home made plane, it cut a nice hollow, and I did it in two steps: 2mm and 3mm. Clean surface, and all this out of the box!

Sweet!