Outfeed Table Redesign Ideas
Hello All!

My current outfeed table is large, has drawers and does double duty as a router table and storage. Space is getting tight and I am thinking about downsizing, but I still need a outfeed table... Any good ideas out there for such a thing?

Thank you!
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Router mounted in a righthand saw extension table maybe?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I made a free standing router table years ago that has served me well. Do a google search for "router table design" and you will find lots of them. Fine Woodworking magazine has published plans some years ago.
What about the outfeed table? Any thoughts on scaling one down a bit that is still functional?
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Steve’s suggestion is what’s often done:
Router table in the widest wing.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I apologize, I meant to say I still need an outfeed table. My error.
(01-14-2024, 01:31 PM)titanxt Wrote: I apologize, I meant to say I still need an outfeed table. My error.

Pretty much everyone using a TS needs some kind of outfeed.
Many of us have one which folds down when not in use.
The reason for putting the router in the wing is most of them don’t fold.

What saw, what setup do you currently have?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
With tight space, this Woodsmith design would seem to fill the bill.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(01-14-2024, 01:31 PM)titanxt Wrote: I apologize, I meant to say I still need an outfeed table. My error.

I just finished mine. It's 24" x 72". It's an open leg design with a Melamine top. I put it on locking casters. So far, it works great for me. My router table is in the right wing of my saw. That works great as well.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
You might want to think about an outfeed table that folds down behind your tablesaw when not in use. Seems like I've seen kits for this application where you only have to buy the material for the top.

Here's one example:

Rockler

Doug