coping foot
I just received the coping foot I had ordered and it's too big for the jigsaw I want to use it on. The saw is a older small Makita barrel grip with a paddle switch (model JG1600). It would be perfect for coping given its light weight and the switch location; which would be under my thumb when held inverted. The cove on the bottom of the saw body for the tilting shoe is only about 7/8" diameter, and the half round filler to clamp the shoe in place has the blade guide mounted to the front of it. The single mounting screw is about 7/8" behind the back of the blade.

Does anyone know of a smaller than usual coping foot? The one I got would fit my Makita D handle as well as a few Craftsman D handles floating around, but they're too big, the grips too are too far away, and I'd have to lock the switch on for a grip that's comfortable and controllable.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
I gave up on the foots long ago. I just grab a sharp bladed coping saw and it takes but seconds to do.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020