Shooting Board Fence Repair
Through use the fence on my shooting board has been eaten away a bit and I am getting some blow-out on the back of the boards I am squaring. How do I fix this? I am guessing I can insert some kind of sacrificial piece that can be replaced as it wears. What do you think?
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Add an adjustable and replacable fence to the front of it, like I do on my shooting boards. 

[Image: ABLVV87YfpcB60-IuMSbUGhyR56Ww-YRUeOKcQ3l...authuser=1]

John
I don't think there's any way to totally avoid tear out shooting.

The way I do it is put a slight back bevel on the board and shoot just until it disappears. Works for me but you can try the adjustable fence thing, too.
(01-22-2024, 10:34 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I don't think there's any way to totally avoid tear out shooting.

The way I do it is put a slight back bevel on the board and shoot just until it disappears.  Works for me but you can try the adjustable fence thing, too.

With an adjustable fence fit a couple of thousandths away from the blade, any tear out is removed during sanding, or edge jointing, as you prefer.  Give it a try.   

John