hairline cracks in poly rough-in tub
all kinds of remedies in cyberspace.
should I leave it to a "pro?" If so, what kind?
I don't understand. Is the tub installed?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I have a poly tub that is cracked as well (already installed). I'm interested in the solution too.
A plumbing supply house will have names of few people that repair them. It's not an easy task to match the finish but on the ones I've had repaired you could not find the repair, even with bright lights, without knowing exactly where to look.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
It's one big unit installed, in this case, mid-70s.  All the ones I've seen were installed during framing the house.
I've never had a poly model, but I did have a fiberglass one piece that developed a crack in the floor. This one was also mid 70s, worse... it was harvest gold (remember that?). I was lucky enough to find a guy who did such repairs, I'm out in the sticks so we don't always have such luxuries. Anyway, it was a 4 hour job and you could not tell it was repaired. It's not worth taking a chance to do it DIY (IMHO).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I see a lot of repaired tubs doing home inspections but unfortunately I don't know what they looked like before the repairs.
It must be fairly common to repair these things because it all looks like the same finish. Hi gloss white. Once in a while I see them peeling. But it's some sort of paint that appears to have been sprayed on. I see it over tile too.

It looks nice when it isn't peeling.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS