Bathroom Lav Not Draining
My wife reported her lavatory is not draining.  We have double sinks.  Mine is fine.  I used the Drain Weasel (plastic snake) and pulled some stuff out.  That didn't make a difference.  I pulled the trap off, it was clear.  I stuck the weazel up from the bottom, it came out relatively clean.  I tested with the trap off, it drained fine.  I put the trap back on and took the Oatey equivalent of the studor vent off, it drained fine.  My conclusion was a stuck/failed vent.  I got a new one, sink drains slow even with the new one.    I snaked the vent, it seems clear.  If it were plugged, I don't expect taking the vent cap off would make a difference.    The drain itself is a popup drain.  I unscrewed the stopper at the top of the drain that you push to open or close the drain and with the vent on it still drains slow.  Is there something in the drain or the sink body that would cause this? Plumbing and me don't get along well. I don't want to start guessing, I've already guessed wrong once.

(01-26-2024, 01:08 PM)crokett™ Wrote: My wife reported her lavatory is not draining.  We have double sinks.  Mine is fine.  I used the Drain Weasel (plastic snake) and pulled some stuff out.  That didn't make a difference.  I pulled the trap off, it was clear.  I stuck the weazel up from the bottom, it came out relatively clean.  I tested with the trap off, it drained fine.  I put the trap back on and took the Oatey equivalent of the studor vent off, it drained fine.  My conclusion was a stuck/failed vent.  I got a new one, sink drains slow even with the new one.    I snaked the vent, it seems clear.  If it were plugged, I don't expect taking the vent cap off would make a difference.    The drain itself is a popup drain.  I unscrewed the stopper at the top of the drain that you push to open or close the drain and with the vent on it still drains slow.  Is there something in the drain or the sink body that would cause this?    Plumbing and me don't get along well.  I don't want to start guessing, I've already guessed wrong once.

Suggest pulling the pop up part out.    Probably full of hair.  Take the nut off when the operating lever goes into the drain then pull it out which lets you pull the stopper out from above.   Note the hole where the pin on the lever goes that prevents the stopper from coming out and pulls it down.    Not the easiest place to work.   Dont overtighten the nut when reassembling. 
DANCO 5 in. Plastic Bathroom Pop Up Stopper in Oil Rubbed Bronze 11043 - The Home Depot    Roly
The pop up is what catches the (wife’s) hair. I do like Roly said. Did this last week pulled out a hairball that almost completely blocked the drain. I also took the trap off (it was clear) and cleaned it out as well.
Have your wife brush her hair away from the sink.
VH07V  
What Roly said is always the problem at our house...that's a nasty mess caught in the pop up, a job I truly hate. That said, it's a lot easier to solve than some other plumbing headaches i can thing of.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Sorry I was not clear. This drain is a push to close and a push to open. There is no push/pull lever. The other clue is my sink you push on the stopper and it closes. You push again and it pops up. Hers does not. I have to pull it up. If I take the stopper off then it pops up and down like normal

There are holes in the sides of the drain assembly for the overflow on the sink. . I think this is somehow related to that

It seems to be fixed. I took the trap back off and snaked with the drain weasel up into the drain headed downstream. Then I took the Studor off and snake down there. I didn’t pull out much I shined a light up through the drain assembly in the sink and near as I can tell that’s clear, when I put everything back together, it was draining with the vent on

(01-26-2024, 02:33 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Sorry I was not clear.  This drain is a push to close and a push to open.  There is no push/pull lever.  The other clue is my sink you push on the stopper and it closes.  You push again and it pops up.  Hers does not.  I have to pull it up. If I take the stopper off then it pops up and down like normal
Looks like this with the cap off, correct? So with the trap removed you can see to daylight from above? As others have noted it really sounds like you have a hairball around the plug mechanism.

(01-26-2024, 02:33 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Sorry I was not clear.  This drain is a push to close and a push to open.  There is no push/pull lever.  The other clue is my sink you push on the stopper and it closes.  You push again and it pops up.  Hers does not.  I have to pull it up. If I take the stopper off then it pops up and down like normal

I'd like to shoot the guy who invented those.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(01-26-2024, 10:11 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I'd like to shoot the guy who invented those.

I'd chip in on the ammo....they are a real PITA.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.