Jet Chip Collector
(02-05-2024, 11:16 AM)ajkoontz Wrote: OK, you got me. I have not been purchasing poly/ lexan/ solvents in bulk or researched the manufacturing costs to bring a product like this to market. Purely academic, but it appears to me this is Jet's attempt at competing with Oneida's super dust deputy, MSRP $180 on both. For whatever reason, WC is clearance-ing out these units at $30/ each, which is interesting to me. I wonder who is taking the hit on the current run, Jet or WC? My off the cuff $30 comment aside, it appears that the market in general does not see $180 value in these units. They've been out a while and I haven't seen much info on them, as opposed to the shop vac sized dust deputy that has a gazillion (not literally) YouTube videos, etc.

PM/Jet are VERY good at taking other peoples ideas and making them their own.  To me it is theft

Another way is putting a baffle in a PVC wye and make your own
It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hi, I'm Arlin's proud wife! His brain trma & meds-give memory probs and has pain from injuries, but all is well materially & financially.  
I've been using a home-built Thein baffle for 10-12 years--very happy with it. Scraps (including 3 bolts 3/8" x 6" that i just happened to have--Divine intervention), $10 for a used 35 gallon steel drum, and around $15 for the elbows--so about $25 12 years ago. Wouldn't have bought the Jet separator for $180, but at $30 i took a chance on it. Hoping to do some shop overhaul in the coming spring/summer, so it will be a while before i give the Jet a try.

Will try to remember to report back!!
earl
(02-05-2024, 05:23 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: PM/Jet are VERY good at taking other peoples ideas and making them their own.  To me it is theft

Another way is putting a baffle in a PVC wye and make your own

If you truly believed this you probably wouldn’t own any tools.  

I’m willing to bet your :
Tabelsaw 
Dust Collector
Bandsaw 
Chisels
Router
Ratchet wrench
Planes
Jigsaw
Drillpress
Ect……….

are not made by the company which invented them.