Anyone know how to make a sliding tablesaw jig?
I seen this one but do not know if  I can figure out how to do it plus I would like to have it closer to the blade.

Portable sliding table attachment for The Table Saw/I can cut wood accurately and safely with this (youtube.com)

It would be great for long boards and sheet goods.  Any ideas are most welcome
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
This one may have more potential but hard to see how he made it.

Sliding Table For The Table Saw ➲ DIY WoodWorking For Aug16 (youtube.com)

Or this one looks the best for how it works and ease of use.

DIY Sliding Crosscut Table. Ultimate Tablesaw Accessory - YouTube

Anyone have one or made one that is nice???
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(02-12-2024, 06:26 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: This one may have more potential but hard to see how he made it.

Sliding Table For The Table Saw ➲ DIY WoodWorking For Aug16 (youtube.com)

Or this one looks the best for how it works and ease of use.

DIY Sliding Crosscut Table. Ultimate Tablesaw Accessory - YouTube

Anyone have one or made one that is nice???

What's the advantage over a sled?  

John
(02-12-2024, 09:32 PM)jteneyck Wrote: What's the advantage over a sled?  

John

Maybe the weight support to the side of the main table.  Having worked with one for a couple years https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?...ble-review, I seem to recall that after the initial 'cool' factor wore off, it was more a PITA than anything else.  Largely because of the footprint, so I can see the allure of 'portable' if someone thinks they need one.
(02-13-2024, 08:22 AM)KC Wrote: Maybe the weight support to the side of the main table.  Having worked with one for a couple years https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?...ble-review, I seem to recall that after the initial 'cool' factor wore off, it was more a PITA than anything else.  Largely because of the footprint, so I can see the allure of 'portable' if someone thinks they need one.

Maybe.  I have two tablesaws bolted together, with my sled on the right one, plus a router extension on the right.  That gives me a lot of support on both sides, especially the left, and even more if I add a roller stand outboard of that when needed.  The sled is large (on purpose) and heavy, but when it's off the machine it adds nothing to the footprint.  

[Image: ABLVV84ue-Wt4qFUDRRsavBo40o-6EhvoWdduq9e...authuser=1]

The sled fully supports the material on both sides and at the back of the cut.  The sliding table attachments have to rely on the blade insert and fence for that support.  A true slider is a thing of beauty; I wish I had one.  The TS add-ons, whether commercial or shop made, are poor seconds, IMO.  

John
(02-13-2024, 11:00 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Maybe.  I have two tablesaws bolted together, with my sled on the right one, plus a router extension on the right.  That gives me a lot of support on both sides, especially the left, and even more if I add a roller stand outboard of that when needed.  The sled is large (on purpose) and heavy, but when it's off the machine it adds nothing to the footprint.  

[Image: ABLVV84ue-Wt4qFUDRRsavBo40o-6EhvoWdduq9e...authuser=1]

The sled fully supports the material on both sides and at the back of the cut.  The sliding table attachments have to rely on the blade insert and fence for that support.  A true slider is a thing of beauty; I wish I had one.  The TS add-ons, whether commercial or shop made, are poor seconds, IMO.  

John

I could not lug that big thing around.  Even the small one I have takes to much effort to put on and take off and then we have to think of storing it if it needs to come off for sheet goods my BIL helps me with

(02-13-2024, 11:45 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I could not lug that big thing around.  Even the small one I have takes to much effort to put on and take off and then we have to think of storing it if it needs to come off for sheet goods my BIL helps me with

You're up against the same problems with the sliding table unless you plan to leave it attached all the time.  Also, sawdust doesn't play nice with the grease in the drawer slides he uses in his design.  Drawer slides have a lot of slop in them, too.  There's a reason commercial sliding tables use higher level mechanisms.  

John
(02-13-2024, 03:57 PM)jteneyck Wrote: You're up against the same problems with the sliding table unless you plan to leave it attached all the time.  Also, sawdust doesn't play nice with the grease in the drawer slides he uses in his design.  Drawer slides have a lot of slop in them, too.  There's a reason commercial sliding tables use higher level mechanisms.  

John

Yep that was the plan leaving it on since any cutting can be done on it

This one looked really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svji38dVOcg

Or this one

sliding table (youtube.com)

Nither one uses drawer slides.

(02-13-2024, 08:22 AM)KC Wrote: Maybe the weight support to the side of the main table.  Having worked with one for a couple years https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?...ble-review, I seem to recall that after the initial 'cool' factor wore off, it was more a PITA than anything else.  Largely because of the footprint, so I can see the allure of 'portable' if someone thinks they need one.

I did not see a link to what the Jet one looked like.

(02-13-2024, 04:46 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I did not see a link to what the Jet one looked like.

I can't see anything that looks familiar anywhere.