Washing Machine Hoses
Does anyone know where to get washing machine hoses with solid brass fittings ? I would also prefer NO stainless steel braiding on the hose.
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
(02-20-2024, 03:34 PM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: Does anyone know where to get washing machine hoses with solid brass fittings ? I would also prefer NO stainless steel braiding on the hose.

Amazon has them listed.   Brass fittings and red and blue rubber hoses if that is what you want.  Roly
Curious why no SS hoses?
(02-20-2024, 07:34 PM)JosephP Wrote: Curious why no SS hoses?

Yea, SS hose is the only thing I would want to use. 
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
(02-20-2024, 03:34 PM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: Does anyone know where to get washing machine hoses with solid brass fittings ? I would also prefer NO stainless steel braiding on the hose.

BigRiver or bust , I'd say.
The reason for no SS braiding is they seem to fail more often. I have a few rentals and tenants that use them have more problems, also one of my insurance agents warned me against using them and the braided SS faucet supply lines. For over 20 years I have used PEX without any problems.

Roly, I have ordered 2 from Amazon and both ended up being brass plated (I checked them with a magnet before opening them) I you know of one could you provide A link?
(02-20-2024, 09:48 PM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: The reason for no SS braiding is they seem to fail more often. I have a few rentals and tenants that use them have more problems, also one of my insurance agents warned me against using them and the braided SS faucet supply lines. For over 20 years I have used PEX without any problems.

Roly, I have ordered 2 from Amazon and both ended up being brass plated (I checked them with a magnet before opening them) I you know of one could you provide A link?

This one says it has brass nuts  .  Just going by what it says.   AS far as the stainless steel ones. It all depends on quality , you get what you pay for.   Roly
I agree you get what you pay for. Can you provide a link for the one you referenced above.
(02-21-2024, 07:16 AM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: I agree you get what you pay for. Can you provide a link for the one you referenced above.

I changed over to stainless steel hoses a few years ago. They are not 100% stainless, they rust. No matter what type of hose you buy, still inspect them occasionally.
(02-21-2024, 07:16 AM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: I agree you get what you pay for. Can you provide a link for the one you referenced above.

Link . See if it works now.  Some of these have a SS insert on the hose but the actual nuts are brass.    Roly