All you might want to know about sole "flatness"
Just brought home this..

The base casting is Brass.   Plane is a No. 5-1/4 size...Tried a magnet all over the base casting...nada.   Appears to be painted  Solid Brass

Brand name?   AMT.    Length?  11"....width? 2-1/4"    Iron is 1-3/4" wide.

Price?   $15.......
Interesting.....never thought I'd need Brasso to clean up a planes base casting.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
AMT, American Machine and Tool, IIRC, Royersford, PA. Don't remember much about their handtools, except made of brass and don't sell for much. Not terribly old, 60's or 70's I think. Company also sold stationary power tools, but without motors. This was more in the 80's.

Anyone know anything more or I'm off, please post/correct me.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(03-27-2024, 07:19 PM)Tony Z Wrote: AMT, American Machine and Tool, IIRC, Royersford, PA.  Don't remember much about their handtools, except made of brass and don't sell for much.  Not terribly old, 60's or 70's I think.  Company also sold stationary power tools, but without motors.  This was more in the 80's.

Anyone know anything more or I'm off, please post/correct me.

That's how I remember AMT also, Tony...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset