#7 for sale
I have a Wards Master #7 for sale. I was my user until I got the Keen Kutter K7C. I have been using it for a couple of years so it is not fresh off from the grinder. Montgomery Wards was a department store in my days and it was sold as their house brand. The plane was made by Stanley and it is an earlier version because of the solid face and close fit at the front of the frog. The knob and tote are solid but show some wear and tear. They could stand refinishing but it was my daily user. The sides have been ground square with the bottom and the bottom is as flat as any plane on the market. 

One picture is of the plane completely disassembled, so you know everything is in working order. Asking $165 plus shipping. I will have to find out about the shipping cost.

Anyway pictures are worth a 1000 words so here they are.

Thanks for looking

Tom
Hi Tom,

would you ship to germany?

Cheers
Pedder
You might want to send Tom a PM in case he's missed your question.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Yes, I will ship to Germany if you wish to pay the shipping. But I have a better deal coming in a couple of days and that is a Bedrock  608C for $275 plus shipping. The shipping should be about the same.

Tom
(03-27-2024, 02:00 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: Yes, I will ship to Germany if you wish to pay the shipping. But I have a better deal coming in a couple of days and that is a Bedrock  608C for $275 plus shipping. The shipping should be about the same.

Tom

Hm. I have to think about it. Could you guess the shipping costs to germany?

take care
pedder
(03-28-2024, 01:27 AM)Pedder Wrote: Hm. I have to think about it. Could you guess the shipping costs to germany?

take care
pedder

I have no idea what it would cost. I shipped Derrick , in Australia, the hardware for a moxon vise and the shipping cost was $80. I would have to box it and make it ready for international shipment to find out the actual cost. And although I would love to do it, it is a lot of work and then have you decline to purchase. Truthfully, unless they are really rate over there, dollar for dollar, I don't think it is not that good of an investment for you.

Tom
I have a Stanley Bailey 4 1/2 flat bottom plane for sale. As to what type I am  not sure.  It has 3 Patent dates which makes it either a 11 or 12, But both the knob and tote although made by Stanley are not original to the plane.

The blade was very badly pitted by the chip breaker, which is quite common. I replaced blade with precision ground a Keen Kutter blade that was made by Stanley. Other than the blade, tote and  and knob all the parts are original to the plane. Totes brake, knobs split, and blades are replaced with aftermarket blades 

Anyway the sides are ground square to the bottom and the bottom is flat within .001. I believe it was repainted before I got it, and it looks nice. The first picture is with it completely apart so you know everything works. It has a close fitting frog at the front making it one of the more desired planes Stanley made. 

Asking $150 plus shipping. If you are looking for a 4 1/2 then you can not find a better one at this cost.

Again thanks for looking

tom
I own a nice 4-1/2. I bought it because I don't have one and I rarely, if ever find them in the wild. Looks to be about the same vintage as yours. I didn't really think I'd use it much but it gets used quite a lot. Love the plane.

It was a at a yard sale with a lot of tools. I didn't see any planes and asked the guy if he had any. He took me in the garage and showed me a shelf with about 10 planes on it. The 4-1/2 caught my eye. I offered $150 for all of them and he bit. I kept the 4-1/2 and a 60 low angle. Boxed up everything else and sold the load on eBay for $150

That was about 15 years ago and I haven't seen another 4-1/2 since.

It pays to ask
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I thought I was posting a new item for sale and I wondered what happened to this. I was in reply and I thought I was in new post. Had to leave to go to a visitation so I didn't have tine to find out 

Sorry for the confusion.

Tom
pm sent to tom regarding the #7

Update: Tom and i agreed,m that I buy the K7 . So this plane is free.