Lane Acclaim Table Build
(03-27-2024, 09:17 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Thanks.  Interesting that you don't care for the table with the leaves installed.  The original design just had plain leaves, w/o the maple trim on the ends.  I thought that was pretty awful, so I added them to harmonize the look.  I also added aprons under the leaves, not yet installed, to hide the slides when it's open.  The original had none.  We actually discussed all this when I posted about the upcoming build.  

Anyone, to your question.  Yes, I will add some wooden corner braces between the aprons and legs.  However, I can't install them until after the extension slides are installed the final time.  That's why you didn't see them in the photos. Sharp eye you have.   

John

Definitely better with the trim than without, but it gets a 'busy' to my eye once it's big.  If the people with the money like it, all's good!
Very nice work. I recall the original post.
Thanks for the build thread.

I'm sure you will, but just a reminder, we gotta
see it with finish on it too!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I agree that with KC with that particular design, I like the look of the circle table better.  But I don't dislike the full table...just looks better round.  Your design as a long table is certainly better as you did it - with the trim and aprons that were not in the pics you posted in the 'ideas' thread about this table earlier.  Great job!
(03-27-2024, 09:17 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Thanks.  Interesting that you don't care for the table with the leaves installed.  The original design just had plain leaves, w/o the maple trim on the ends.  I thought that was pretty awful, so I added them to harmonize the look.  I also added aprons under the leaves, not yet installed, to hide the slides when it's open.  The original had none.  We actually discussed all this when I posted about the upcoming build.  

Anyone, to your question.  Yes, I will add some wooden corner braces between the aprons and legs.  However, I can't install them until after the extension slides are installed the final time.  That's why you didn't see them in the photos. Sharp eye you have.   

John

Hello John , have not been on here for awhile , but was really glad I dropped by . What a great project . As usual your work is very very nice . Gary
Hey John, That looks great. I would take one just the way it is.
Yes
Yes
Yes Fine work!

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

John,

I love the jigs and fixtures you made.

Using the CNC to round the legs was cool
The veneer cutting jig was genius!

I really like the maple touch on the aprons.  Very classy.

Nice work!
(04-13-2024, 02:34 PM)iublue Wrote: John,

I love the jigs and fixtures you made.

Using the CNC to round the legs was cool
The veneer cutting jig was genius!

I really like the maple touch on the aprons.  Very classy.

Nice work!

Thanks very much.  If you meant the tall fence and featherboard I use for cutting veneer, I copied a design by John Lanciani.  It does work very well.  Should anyone wish to build them, here is a link to a page on my website with details:  Link

Just an update.  I think I've made close to 100 finish samples.  I sent 6 to my customer and hope she makes a decision by this time next week so I can begin finishing the table.  Even in pieces, it's taking up space in my shop.  More importantly, I'm worried I'll drop something on it.  I really want to get this done and out of my shop.  

John
(04-13-2024, 04:19 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Thanks very much.  If you meant the tall fence and featherboard I use for cutting veneer, I copied a design by John Lanciani.  It does work very well.  Should anyone wish to build them, here is a link to a page on my website with details:  Link

Just an update.  I think I've made close to 100 finish samples.  I sent 6 to my customer and hope she makes a decision by this time next week so I can begin finishing the table.  Even in pieces, it's taking up space in my shop.  More importantly, I'm worried I'll drop something on it.  I really want to get this done and out of my shop.  

John

I hear that!

I always want to get it out of my shop ASAP.  I say that bad stuff happens if it is in there too long!