Battery Powered Chainsaw
We didn't buy it to cut firewood. Bought it for the wife to trim off small branches and small trees while I'm cutting firewood with a real chainsaw.
She can trim up the dead elderberry bushes and such around the farm.
I'll use it in the shop once in a while, cutting up a chunk of wood so I can get it on the bandsaw.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

You offered a review which, in part, says it didn't last trimming small branches.  that is not useful information without knowing the size of the battery...I'm just curious.  If you just used one of your drill's batteries with it, i wouldn't have expected much and that's OK.  If you spent $250 for a 10 Ah battery and it didn't last, that's pretty noteworthy.
Guess I should pac em all in a backpack. Lol......two 1.5's one 5ah one 6ah one 9ah
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-10-2024, 02:57 PM)WoodCzech Wrote: I store all my chainsaws chain down in a 5 gallon bucket.  That way any mess is contained to the chain, bar and the bucket.

Never heard of or thought of this but I sure do like this idea.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(04-12-2024, 06:03 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Guess I should pac em all in a backpack. Lol......two 1.5's one 5ah one 6ah one 9ah

You're still being obtuse with regards to J.P.'s question.  Why don't you just tell everyone how long each Ah battery lasted in your usage test ?

Furthermore - if you've got a 20v saw (an 8-10in. pruning toy) - it's just not in the same class as Proj. Farm's test, so your datapoint is pretty much worthless to museumguy when looking to replace a fullsize gas chainsaw.   No matter what battery you used.

(04-13-2024, 06:08 PM)museumguy Wrote: Never heard of or thought of this but I sure do like this idea.
FWIW - my 16" makita 36v is stored flat on a bench and doesn't leak any appreciable amount.
Bug 
(04-14-2024, 02:49 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: You're still being obtuse with regards to J.P.'s question.  Why don't you just tell everyone how long each Ah battery lasted in your usage test ?

Furthermore - if you've got a 20v saw (an 8-10in. pruning toy) - it's just not in the same class as Proj. Farm's test, so your datapoint is pretty much worthless to museumguy when looking to replace a fullsize gas chainsaw.   No matter what battery you used.

Well well. mr. (very lightly, no caps) advisor or wanna be moderator. [Image: yellowlaugh.gif][Image: yellowlaugh.gif]
#1 I didn't give a review, I was just giving the info on an oil leaker, to stay away if the buyers do not like leakers and cheap saws.
#2 You must not know anything about this saw, but yet here you are spouting stuff and it's dribbling down the front of your soiled shirt.... (head up arse again?) this 20V saw is a piddly 16" saw, not necessarily a pruning "toy". This was purchased for the wife, and not by me. I never would've bought it.
#3 Think what you want but never accuse me of being obtuse to someone when I haven't purposely.
#4 You really enjoy killing threads with your continued bs and attacks on this forum. Why don't you join in and talk about and "show" something you actually, truly do, instead of blubber utter bs when you see a post that you orgasm over.

Are not the rules..............no attacks???

Lay off
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Bug 
(04-10-2024, 02:57 PM)WoodCzech Wrote: I store all my chainsaws chain down in a 5 gallon bucket.  That way any mess is contained to the chain, bar and the bucket.

How do you keep the weight of the saw head (I assume head is on)from tipping the bucket over. Prop it against the wall or?
Maybe I'm not completely following here...
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020