Lumber Run...resupplied for a while...
Shop WAS out of usable Lumber...was out and about this morning...decided to see IF my supplier was home...

Decided to buy 10 planks, again....at $3 per plank.....had to cut a few of the 10 footers down a bit....as they have to fit in the trunk of my Chevy Equinox..

1 x 6s..and 1 x4s...some of the five 1 x 4s were already at 6' long...tight fit, had to tilt the front seat forward a bit

there was also eight 1 x6 x6' planks in the pile...and, I think he also tossed in a few "shorts"..

That wide one?   3/4" x 8" x 39"...with a split running down the center...can alway rip the split, and re-glue?

Might be worth the trip, today?  Should keep the shop busy for most of May?  Merely spent $30....

Stay tuned...letting these sit and get used to the house..while the Single Brain Cell Sketch Up figures out a plan...Lumber is Ash, BTW...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Nice haul. Price was right too.

Ed
Yep. Guys need a stash of wood when a project strikes.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

$3 a plank?  Never seen prices like that unless it was a 2x4. Congrats on the new stash.
By the time we got everything loaded into the back of the Chevy....there was 18 boards, and a dead spider....and my wallet was $30 lighter..

A rough guess would be around 45bft of well seasoned Ash...

Limit on length?   6'.....some of the planks were 10' long...some those were cut down...usually right in the center...5' long.   Which is too bad, as my bench is just 5' long.

The 1 x 4s:   3 were at 77" long, and we had to cut a 10' long one in half...

The main (8) 1 x 6 planks average around 62" long.  with maybe 10' total length for the 1 x 6 shorts...

Boards have been in his barn for over 10 years....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that