Wood Haul found on the side of the Road....
Photo 
Yes... hate me but we all have to get lucky.... I found over two sheets of cabinet grade ply. Mix of maple and poplar veneer.... oh and two Polk Speakers which are $185 which may work.....

Yahoo!!!!

I am always surprised what people will toss away.... Snapped a photo to share

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-28-2024, 05:07 PM)bpatters69 Wrote: Yes... hate me but we all have to get lucky.... I found over two sheets of cabinet grade ply. Mix of maple and poplar veneer.... oh and two Polk Speakers which are $185 which may work.....

Yahoo!!!!

I am always surprised what people will toss away.... Snapped a photo to share

Free is your friend!  Good deal.

John
Maybe cutoffs from a cabinet shop someone was hauling home. Never know......
You's be surprised what the larger cabinet shops throw in the dumpster.
Us small guys put them back, and sift through them when you need a smaller size without cutting up a full sheet.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That is a nice assortment of free wood.  

I miss having a cabinet shop nearby. I used to root through their off cut throwaways for a lot of nice ply.
find!!! Polk speakers- i hope they work.

i swear I could furnish a 1 bedroom apartment monthly just picking garbage just in a 2 square mile area here. I could probably be a gas powered equipment hoarder,too. crazy what people throw away around here.
when I lived up north, if it was at the road it really was garbage.
Good Score!!!

Smile
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Nice find Free is the bomb...

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(04-28-2024, 11:34 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Maybe cutoffs from a cabinet shop someone was hauling home. Never know......
You's be surprised what the larger cabinet shops throw in the dumpster.
Us small guys put them back, and sift through them when you need a smaller size without cutting up a full sheet.

I found the cabinet on my neighbors (lives close but not actual neighbor) curb. The pieces were a bulit in or standing unit for an older (fat) TV vs the LCDs.

There are two more pieces which are about the size of the two long pieces in the bottom of the picture too. They Polk speakers were built into the pieces so I have to cut out the middle section as there is a hole where the speakers were installed. I still get two more decent sized pieces. The other drawback is the builder cut vertical lines in the panels so one side has four 1/4" x 1/8th slots. No biggie - still great for jigs.
I used to work near several Federal buildings in the cities. I was always finding bookcase shelves and sides in the dumpsters as offices have been remodled.  When I first started, they were solid popular or oak.  Nowadays they are more veneered particle board.  Well, I probably have 2 to 300 shelves that are solid wood 10" x 34" and 3/4" thick.  They do have grooves along one side that rested on pins. I have also recovered quite a few Baltic Birch plywood pieces as well. I tend to use this for my shop projects and some painted ones as well, because they are finished.