SawStop PCS with Overarm 4” dust collector and cabinet
I have a 52” PCS SawStop Cabinet saw and just installed the floating overarm dust collector.  I would like to put or build a mobile cabinet to put under my extension table however the long arm supports that go from my new floating overarm dust collector to the underside of my ext table take up a lot of space.  I tried to upload a pic to show everyone but it’s too large of a file. with those long arms attached under my ext table, I am only left with about 20” of space for a cabinet.  I did call SawStop support to inquire but they said not to modify it well they could not suggest anything to me, which I understand but thought I would try.  What have y’all done to modify that bracing if anything to help support the overarm dust collector while in turn giving you more room for a possible cabinet to place under your ext table?
Here's what i did, it may not work for you. First, my overarm is the Excalibur, which Sawstop bought out and painted black. Also mine is the first generation, so the hose hookup to the DC is a little different (this one doesn't swing out of the way). But I think that ridiculous bracing setup is the same and I wanted to eliminate it for the same reason. Si I didn't use the bracing but to provide rigidity to the standing piece, I bolted it to the floor (sort of). The pics below show my overall setup, with the cabinet in place. that cabinet is on casters so i can pull it out when I need to get into the saw cabinet through that motor enclosure (this is an ICS). Then a photo of the floor mount. The longer piece of perforated angle is bolted to the floor the shorter piece simply holds the leg to the long angle; there is 2 1/4" hex bolts holding it tight. This isn't perfect...you have to unbolt it to raise jack the saw up onto the mobile base (I have the ICS mobile base). Since that base lifts the saw straight up, the extension table simple comes off the floor for me to move it around when needed. With a dedicated shop it doesn't get moved often. Like I said it may not work for you.

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(05-03-2024, 11:46 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Here's what i did, it may not work for you. First, my overarm is the Excalibur, which Sawstop bought out and painted black. Also mine is the first generation, so the hose hookup to the DC is a little different (this one doesn't swing out of the way). But I think that ridiculous bracing setup is the same and I wanted to eliminate it for the same reason. Si I didn't use the bracing but to provide rigidity to the standing piece, I bolted it to the floor (sort of). The pics below show my overall setup, with the cabinet in place. that cabinet is on casters so i can pull it out when I need to get into the saw cabinet through that motor enclosure (this is an ICS). Then a photo of the floor mount. The longer piece of perforated angle is bolted to the floor the shorter piece simply holds the leg to the long angle; there is 2 1/4" hex bolts holding it tight. This isn't perfect...you have to unbolt it to raise jack the saw up onto the mobile base (I have the ICS mobile base). Since that base lifts the saw straight up, the extension table simple comes off the floor for me to move it around when needed. With a dedicated shop it doesn't get moved often. Like I said it may not work for you.

Thanks Fred!  Your pics and your description help a lot for me to figure something out.  And I really like that under ext table cart you have for storage too.  That is my main goal is to build one but those darn arms are right in the way.  lol!  I have some ideas on what I can do.  Thanks again bud!