need help with my arithmetic
I have a piece of walnut that inside the bark and the whitewood is 3 and 7/16 inches on the smaller end. It is 34 inches long. what is the rough circumference of the dark wood once turned.   A fluted piece for a hutch I have nearly completed. I'm making the face frame for the top. I'll halve it and mount on each end.
Thanks.
Pi X Diameter = Circumference

3.14 x 3 7/16" (3.437") = 10.8"

Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
thank you. Makes it easier for me to figure out the flute spacing and the jig to do it.. Even gave thought to beading and also both beads and flutes.
If this is dry, it is amazing that it does not have multiple cracks.

If it is green, then the sooner you turn it and split it in half, the better. Once turned and split, you can expect the cut side to go convex as it dries.

Progress pics and final pics (with or without progress pics) are always welcome.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(05-24-2024, 05:57 AM)shoottmx Wrote: Pi X Diameter = Circumference

3.14 x 3 7/16" (3.437") = 10.8"

Gary

Hmmmm I thought Pie was 8 pieces depending on how I cut it.  lol
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Again thanks. It was more than dry. It has been in my shed for 10 plus years. I had sealed the ends and I cut 3inches off each end before I started. I made a jig and ended up beading it rather than flutes. with the circumference known it was easy to get the beads made right. Hurt my arm doing it though, patting myself on the back. I sanded it then halved it. It is already mounted. Looks good. All I have left is to make the doors. More sanding the whole thing and finish. Get it out my little shop and move on. Did I mention more sanding, I'm sick of sanding.

Sorry I don't post pics. tried in the past and my slower than slow internet makes it a chore.