WoodRiver Side Rabbet Plane
The Woodriver Side Rabbet Plane is on sale at Woodcraft for $69.99 down from $99.99. I was wondering whether anyone on this forum has bought this plane and likes it.

The WoodRiver Side Rabbet Plane takes it’s linage from the Record 2506S and incorporates two manually adjusted blades and an adjustable depth stop. This handy tool is perfect for cleaning up rabbets and grooves, ensuring a proper fit. The plane’s precisely machined body is manufactured from 40cr tool steel with a reversible, adjustable depth stop and features T10 steel blades hardened to RC 59-63. The front of the plane is easily removable for conversion to a bull nose configuration for corners and stop dados.

I would be using the plane to clean up glue in the corners of small boxes that I make and cleaning up rabbets and grooves.

Thanks for information on this plane as the sale ends May, 31st.

Roger in Texas
Got one, used it a little, blade adjustment VERY fiddly. Blades VERY hard to hone. Overall, one of the few mistakes I've made buying planes.

BTW, rather than widen a dado, it's easier to plane the inserted piece just a bit.

I don't know how that's going to clean up glue??? The best tool I've found for that is a crank neck chisel.
(05-31-2024, 01:39 PM)rwe2156 Wrote: Got one, used it a little, blade adjustment VERY fiddly.  Blades VERY hard to hone.  Overall, one of the few mistakes I've made buying planes.

BTW, rather than widen a dado, it's easier to plane the inserted piece just a bit.

I don't know how that's going to clean up glue???  The best tool I've found for that is a crank neck chisel.

Just a thought: you have one and are not particularly happy with it. Might it be time to pass it along to the next custodian (at a fair price) for the next person to see if it meets their needs?

and, yes, I seem to be too much of a tool accumulator to take my own advice.
Sigh
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(06-05-2024, 06:47 PM)iclark Wrote: Just a thought: you have one and are not particularly happy with it. Might it be time to pass it along to the next custodian (at a fair price) for the next person to see if it meets their needs?

and, yes, I seem to be too much of a tool accumulator to take my own advice.
Sigh

Yeah, I'd be willing to sell it. Make me an offer or PM me.
(06-06-2024, 10:26 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Yeah, I'd be willing to sell it.  Make me an offer or PM me.

I was thinking that Roger (the OP) might want to work out a deal.

I think that I already have one or its clone somewhere.
Sigh  Long ago, some of my co-workers floated a rumor that I might be dangerous if I ever got organized.
Winkgrin
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.