non-yellowing water based finish please
Thank you.  This is a follow-up from my last question.  I'd like to wipe it on with a pad.  Any and all recommendations are gratefully considered.  -Howard
(06-06-2024, 09:02 AM)Howard Pollack Wrote: Thank you.  This is a follow-up from my last question.  I'd like to wipe it on with a pad.  Any and all recommendations are gratefully considered.  -Howard

You can't beat Osmo Polyox or Rubio Monocoat for ease of application.  More than durable enough for your chairs.  Best thing is, if they get dinged or worn, you can just wipe on more and the repair is completely invisible.  

John
Thank you John, as I mentioned in my earlier question, I used Osmo Polyx on a walnut coffee table and found it both easy to apply and beautiful.  I was concerned about the durability, but your response reassures me.  Best wishes -Howard
(06-08-2024, 08:50 AM)Howard Pollack Wrote: Thank you John, as I mentioned in my earlier question, I used Osmo Polyx on a walnut coffee table and found it both easy to apply and beautiful.  I was concerned about the durability, but your response reassures me.  Best wishes -Howard

Good luck, Howard.  I did respond to your request over at SMC with some options for WB products, should you rather go in that direction.  

John
I did my natural oak staircase in a water based floor finish (Parks). It has yellowed but I think the wood yellowed, not the finish. BTW, it's really a nice tough finish. Better than the finish on my pre-finished floor.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Osmo and Rubio are water based?
(06-11-2024, 02:04 PM)rwe2156 Wrote: Osmo and Rubio are water based?

Obviously not.
(06-11-2024, 02:04 PM)rwe2156 Wrote: Osmo and Rubio are water based?

No, but they have very low odor.  One of them is VOC free, as well; RM, I think.  Stupid simple to use and never a risk of a run if you follow the directions.  

John
He is looking for water based. Got confused why those were mentioned.
Thanks everyone.  -Howard