Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Before Web 2.0

Cheers
Pedder

I never did well in math.
No  Should have said 2006. 
Chris Schwarz then published his first workbench book, and I built the German bench with a twin-screw vice.  This forum was consumed with that ideology, which is now so sorely missed.
(07-17-2024, 06:03 PM)wing nut Wrote: I guess with so little response this site,  especialy this thread, is mostly dead now, I think I will sign off now, I know, don't let the door hit your butt on the way out.

I would like to first apologize for not posting earlier; it's always nice to get feedback on your work. Thanks to you and others for taking the time to post pictures of your projects - beautiful work and I really enjoyed the photos. I noticed you mentioned that the drawer sides on one of the projects was made from reclaimed material. Always good to repurpose old things that still have value IMO. I made almost an entire workbench out of reclaimed material from shipping pallets I collected over time. Am redoing that bench right now and will post some pics when I'm finished.

I would like to encourage you and others who build furniture on a regular basis to continue to post the photo journals of those projects. I also, along with I'm sure at least hundreds if not thousands, visit this site almost daily and enjoy the pictures and stories. Heretofore, my projects have been mostly in the home improvement area. I'll try to be a more active participant. 

Doug
(07-20-2024, 09:06 AM)Tapper Wrote: I would like to first apologize for not posting earlier; it's always nice to get feedback on your work. Thanks to you and others for taking the time to post pictures of your projects - beautiful work and I really enjoyed the photos. I noticed you mentioned that the drawer sides on one of the projects was made from reclaimed material. Always good to repurpose old things that still have value IMO. I made almost an entire workbench out of reclaimed material from shipping pallets I collected over time. Am redoing that bench right now and will post some pics when I'm finished.

I would like to encourage you and others who build furniture on a regular basis to continue to post the photo journals of those projects. I also, along with I'm sure at least hundreds if not thousands, visit this site almost daily and enjoy the pictures and stories. Heretofore, my projects have been mostly in the home improvement area. I'll try to be a more active participant. 

Doug

Thanks for the kind response, its better then getting your butt chewed out.
Currently I'm building split barn doors for a closet out of pine and makore although I'm not getting much done this year,  This year we're doing a lot of travel seeing national parks and whatnot, and the shop is so hot this time of year in Al.
(07-18-2024, 09:06 AM)bandit571 Wrote: "So little response to this site"?   Look in the mirror...

Maybe IF MORE people would start to post their OWN items here...maybe all those Nay-sayers will gang up on all the new posts....

Until that happens, this is just Motel 6, and I am just keeping the lights on for you.

Complain about the content?   POST the Content YOU are interested in, then....

What tools have YOU bought lately?  How do they preform for YOU.
I havn't bought tools for years what I have will be good enough until I take that final journey to meet Jusus
What Projects have YOU done, or, are working on?
Several proj are posted above over the last 3 years
What Lumber are YOU using?  (Right now, I am using Ash)
120 yr old red maple, hard maple, black walnut, claro walnut, mahogony, makore, chimpinqua, pine, paudak few others whatever I find at auctions, or craigslist.
Yep, I am calling people out.

And..don't give that line about not enough time to take Photos....I spent LESS than 2 hours IN my shop...that INCLUDES taking all them lovely Photos...and, while I am then sitting down at the computer, having a cold one, and trying to cool myself down...I process all those photos.   Take the bloody camera along to the shop, the next time you happen to stumble into it...and MAYBE either show off what you are working on, or the shop you are working in.  Maybe start a "Project in Progress" thread? It is not THAT hard to do, as even I can do it.  As for me?

Wir haben zu arbeiten
and yes we have work to do