Lil' cabinet I built to store my ROS pads
I stored them in my screw drawer, but everytime I pulled to draw out to get some screws, the plastic containers that the ROS pads come in would get jammed/cracked.  So I decided to make this.  All out of scrap wood.  I was hoping to make it for nothing, but when I tried heating up the glazing of an old 6 over 6 window to harvest the glass, the glass cracked.  So I went with some plexiglass.  Probably safer in the shop in the long run, too.  I had to buy the hinges and the dowels I used for the holders so I guess it cost me < $20.

The corners are rabbetted joints.  If you look closely you'll see I intended it for 3 shelves (you can see a groove between the top and bottom shelf), but I decided on only 2 shelves.  You might be able to make out the 3rd shelf is resting on the top if I ever decide to install it.  Thought about doing a french cleat, but it isn't wide enough to span between 2 studs, so on the backside there's a strip glued in running down the middle which give strength and makes up the difference for where the back is let into the sides.

On the holders I made a test one with 3/8" dowels, but that would have been a real tight fit for the ROS paper and the dowels would need to be dead nuts straight and parallel.  I opted for 5/16" dowels which are perpendicular to the base and parallel and it gave me a little wiggle room for the pads so I wouldn't be fighting them to get them off of the holders.  The dowels are simply glued into the round holders I made.  They're sanded flush on the bottom side.  The bottom sides are a little rough (guess my circle cutting bit isn't too sharp), but the holders live in the shop and the good side is up so that's all that really matters.

There are extra circles leaning on the top shelf and on top if I ever install the 3rd shelf.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
Nice!  It would be hard to beat the cost.

Frank S in IA
When I first saw this I got a little chuckle that I just can't resist sharing. That's a great cabinet, and I like the glass doors; they not only display how organized you are, but they also protect the sanding disks from fine wood dust.
Big Grin

BTW. Where do you hide the slightly used ugly ones??? I have a milk crate over-filled with sanding disks; new, used, and some, basically trash. I also don't like to swap disks, I'd rather swap sanders. That means I have, what some would consider, too many sanders. Sorry to admit it, but I do the same thing with belt sanders.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
I like seeing shop projects. Nicely done.
Little update to the cabinet:

Those little disks sitting on top of it?  Due to a suggestion by SWMBO, they now sit on top of the existing holders to sort of flatten down the disks, like so:

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear