Question on width of paper for Jet 22-44 Osc
I just picked up a first generation Jet 22-44 Oscillating drum sander at a school auction.  I am in the process of changing out conveyor belt and general cleanup.  It currently has 2 inch wide sand paper on it, but does it matter whether 2 inch or 3 inch is used?  I was curious if spacing matters on the drum before I go and stock up.

Thanks in advance
It does matter. If you want abrasive to span the drum evenly and still wind up at the right spot to engage the end clips, you'll stick with the width they designed it for. I think (but do not know for sure) for that sander it's 3". If you choose to go with the bulk strips keep an old around to use as a pattern for cutting the ends to fit the clips (and the length).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.